new to northern CO. ft.collins area - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > new to northern CO. ft.collins area

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
jmonier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey kyle, one of my close friends has a place outside steamboat. I would lovde to hit up some trails with ya someday, I was just in steamboat last weekend. Been driving around here on jeep trails scouting for moose season but its always more fun with a jeeper along side (or right behinde)

Cowboys still rule.lol

Unread 07-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
jmonier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey kyle, one of my close friends has a place outside steamboat. I would lovde to hit up some trails with ya someday, I was just in steamboat last weekend. Been driving around here on jeep trails scouting for moose season but its always more fun with a jeeper along side (or right behinde)

Cowboys still rule.lol
Unread 07-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #18
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well cool man I'll have to revive this thread once I get back out there. I'll be back out a month from now.
Unread 08-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #19
TBombadillo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There are a huge number of National Forest roads in the Roosevelt National Forest that are excellent for off-roading. Red Feather Lakes is in the Canyon Lakes Ranger District of the Roosevelt. You can find the official Motor Vehicle Usage Maps for Colorado National Forests at the following link:

Stay The Trail Colorado - Where to Go - Forest Service Motor Vehicle Use Maps

Please help us locals to keep these National Forest wheelin roads open to 4x4s by following the MVUMs as to which roads are open to the public. Paper copies of the MVUMs are also available at NFS ranger stations and at Jax ( a local sporting gear/outdoor outfitters store).

Jax Mercantile, Co

Some of my favorite trails in the Roosevelt National Forest are Storm Mountain and Crystal Mountain. A little further south is Middle Saint Vrain trail. If you want to head west of Walden to Steamboat Springs then you can go another 30 min north of Steamboat and check out the Hahn's Peak area.
All of these are trails I have done in a stock TJ with only dents to my skids to show for damage.

For a great local (to Colorado) website check out this:

Colorado4x4.org

Happy Trails!
The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment. -George Carlin
Unread 09-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #20
MMPSM
1959 CJ6 

Am a Colorado native, never heard that one, very funny!
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #21
mike85nelson
1995 ZJ 

Hey jmonier I'm actually in Walden for a month doing the road construction. Have you found any good trails out here?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.