New to KC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > New to KC

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
bmpregler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

New to KC

I am going to be moving to KC soon, probably the Overland Park area. Who do I need to hook up with to show me where to wheel?

Thanks

BP

Unread 10-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

What's up man. I'm in the Olathe area right down the road from OP. If you don't mind driving a few hours there are quite a few places around. Kansas Rocks is the closest and it's only 10 bucks a day or 50 for a year. There are quite a few clubs around. I would check out Brushbeaters.com, there is a new one starting up soon Metro Crawlers I think. Drop me a line when you get here.

Parakeet

89 XJ that ain't much to look at but it get's me there and makes the wife jealous.

Used Part Whore --- Don't judge.
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
sampsonite987
1995 YJ Wrangler 

As Parakeet said, Kansas Rocks is the only one I am aware of that is the closest to KC. I haven't had a chance to make it down there. Anyone in the KC or Mid-MO area go wheeling anywhere else that may be a bit closer?
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
SHeadrick
2002 WJ 

The only other place I know in Kansas is Tuttle Creek ORV park. It's about 20 mi North of Manhattan, KS. Thats where I go and the best part is it's free!!!
Unread 11-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Free but not always clean, unmaintained trails, farther away from KC than KS rocks. But it has it's upsides. I'm planning a tuttle trip for next spring. Jeeps needs to be running by next month for Wheeling 4 Toys at KS Rocks. Then Frostbite in Feb. So I'm hoping that I'll get to see Tuttle by May or June.

Parakeet

89 XJ that ain't much to look at but it get's me there and makes the wife jealous.

Used Part Whore --- Don't judge.
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
ccann76
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey I'm in Leavenworth about 30 mins north.
Unread 11-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

There is a place out by Fulton, MO. I've personally never been there. Disney, OK, is also another popular place. There is the KC Jeep club also in the area.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.