new jeep what to do? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > new jeep what to do?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
wrestler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

new jeep what to do?

My name is Eddie, I live in the Kansas City area. I recently purchased a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited. The wife wasn't to happy - I want to do a little something with the lift and tires - with that said - I am curious what I can do with little costs, keeping the stock rims, but would like to go with a bigger tire but keep similar fuel economy! my questions are: tire size (32?), best tire for mostly on road - but enough to play off road, and lift. In addition, for those from the KC area, maybe some suggestions as to where I could go to have this done etc... Remeber I said the wife wasn't happy so the least cost the better... thanks, and I'm sure you all get this type of question all the time (I haven't found a similar ? yet) so please be gentle.

wrestler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
luckycheesehead

Friendly FYI...post this question in the "Wrangler Forums Group" you're likely to get more responses there. Also, definitely add pictures using Photobucket or similar website so others can see the Jeep and know what you're working with!

Good luck!!
luckycheesehead is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
silverjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hi Eddie,

Good choice in Jeep model. I am also on a tight budget. I started off with a 2" Budget Boost or BB for less than 150 dollars and a Body Lift or BL for around 120. Very easy to install alone. I kept the stock shocks and haven't had any problems. It's better to get new ones. Skyjacker Hydros are very recommended bang for buck and are now on sale buy 3 get one free. Tires are up to you. I run 33's. I have a pic in my sig.

My wife was not up to mods at first. She came around with time. HEHE.
Now I am working on a Rubicon Express or RE 3.5 superflex kit and eventually Long arms$$$$$$$$.

www.my4x4source.com Jeep parts and accessories
silverjeep is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.