New Guy in NE OKlahoma/Wants to go Jeepin' - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > New Guy in NE OKlahoma/Wants to go Jeepin'

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

New Guy in NE OKlahoma/Wants to go Jeepin'

I got a 97 TJ its my second Jeep first was a 94 YJ, but this one is a lot better, ready to go on some trails!

Unread 12-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

is anyone from Tahlequah, ok or close to it.....i think it would be cool to have some 4x4 days down at Gruber OHV or something like that.....i'm just looking for other Jeep guys to go do stuff with so i dont have to just take my friends mudding.....that gets old.
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
TwIsTeD OfF
1998 TJ Wrangler 

head over to Disney, OK you should be able to hook up with more jeepers than you can count.
Unread 12-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIsTeD OfF
head over to Disney, OK you should be able to hook up with more jeepers than you can count.
so just show up and start trailing??
Unread 06-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
JPShelton

I'm from Tahlequah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97casteeltj View Post
is anyone from Tahlequah, ok or close to it.....i think it would be cool to have some 4x4 days down at Gruber OHV or something like that.....i'm just looking for other Jeep guys to go do stuff with so i dont have to just take my friends mudding.....that gets old.
I'm a resident of the fair city of Tahlequah and would like to hook up with another Jeeper.

I like the Kiamichi Mountains. Its the closest thing I've found in Oklahoma to the kind of backcountry driving I've done on the National Forests and BLM lands of California, Oregon, Nevada, and Utah.

Lots of trails down there -from mild to "go ahead and have fun and I'll just stand here and watch" wild.

Camping is of the dispersed type -There are no campgrounds (at least none that I know of). You just find a place you like and set up camp.

I've got an ex-USMC M-416 utility trailer, too, so room to haul stuff isn't a problem.

There is a fee for using the area. I paid it when I bought my combo hunting / fishing license. I don't recall what it was but it was less than a 20-spot. Its an annual fee, rather than a per day thing. Its cheaper than the "adventure pass" I used to have to buy to use the National Forests around Metro Los Angeles, for sure -and that was public land, which the Kiamichi Mountains are not. I think that most of it is owned by Weyerhouser and the John Hancock insurance company, but is open for public use due to an agreement with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife.

Its only about 120 miles south of us here in Tahlequah and the drive down is very plesant, going through some scenic countryside -the kind which would have our local land values explode to unaffordable proportions if the rest of the world associated Oklahoma with scenic beauty like we have in the eastern part of this state.

1998 TJ: 2.5L / AX-5, Full Doors, Soft Top, A/C, D-30 front / D-35 Trac Lock rear / 4.86 R&P 31 X 10.5 -15 BFG's, 2-meter "Ham" radio, ex-USMC M-416utility trailer.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.