need a set of rollers in the broomfield CO area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > need a set of rollers in the broomfield CO area

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

need a set of rollers in the broomfield CO area

i just to moved here from IL and i went to the emissions place and they said my 35s were to big and the guy there said some places rent roller. Im in Broomfield CO and i need suggestions please

Unread 09-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm confused, every emission test I ever went to when i lived on the front range they just stuck a meter in the tail pipe while the truck idled. What are they trying to have you do? I have sinced moved to a county where we don't do emissions.
Unread 09-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin72 View Post
I'm confused, every emission test I ever went to when i lived on the front range they just stuck a meter in the tail pipe while the truck idled. What are they trying to have you do? I have sinced moved to a county where we don't do emissions.
they put tires on rollers and red line your vehicle. the guy said my 35s were to big saying the rollers are "33 wide. i told him the height doesnt have anything to do with the width but it doesnt matter what i think. luckily i found a set of 31s to run for the test
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Redfire03
1998 ZJ 

Different emissions centers do it differently. I have taken my Subaru to two different stations on the same day, one put it on the rollers the other did a tail pipe test. This was in Denver by the way.

Call High Country 4x4 in Denver, they rent wheel and tire packages for pretty cheap so that you can put your car on rollers.
Redfire03 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i got set from johns 4x4 in boulder. i also had to have them custom fab a tailpipe since i had a turndown right before the rear axle. all is good now, i got it taken care of
Unread 10-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^How are you liking CO?! I can't imagine you'll miss IL much.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
^How are you liking CO?! I can't imagine you'll miss IL much.
for the first month it was like an extended vacation, we went wheeling or elk watching every weekend. now im back to work and the normal grind except i have an awesome view and the ability to go play in the mountains and be there in less than 1 hour compared to 14 hours from IL. in fact today im gonna go run Caribou(505) today. or atleast try
Unread 11-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
mtb_crzd47
2000 WJ 

They now do it on a rolling chassis dyno and instead of sticking a little sniffer into the tail pipe there is a collector at the end of it that tests all the exhaust coming out instead of just a little sample.
mtb_crzd47 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
for the first month it was like an extended vacation, we went wheeling or elk watching every weekend. now im back to work and the normal grind except i have an awesome view and the ability to go play in the mountains and be there in less than 1 hour compared to 14 hours from IL. in fact today im gonna go run Caribou(505) today. or atleast try
I tell you I'm jealous. I wish my wife and I could move back (met in Fort Collins where I grew up) but she's in the Ag industry (corn and soy) so we're here in the Midwest. We have a family reunion in Denver next August so we'll be back then. But wow is that a long time from now!

Have fun!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.