Need a place to wheel th JK in Oklahoma - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Need a place to wheel th JK in Oklahoma

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 10-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Need a place to wheel th JK in Oklahoma

Anyone know of a place to go wheeling in Oklahoma...preferably near Oklahoma City. I have a friend whose 7 year old daughter is dying for me to take her offroading. I want to make it an easy one day trip but I want to show her and her dad what the Jeep can do.

'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Woodchuck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
84jeepjohn
1984 CJ7 

nothing up where I'm at but I want to say, disney, and clayton OK are two GREAT spots.
2005 Z71 Suburban with 1.5" rear spacers, and front leveled
84jeepjohn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
Broken_Soldier
2008 JK Wrangler 

Clayton would be the closest place to OKC that I know of. You could head north to little sahara for some play in the dunes. Best thing to do would just be to talk to other Jeepers in the area (ie when you see one in a parking lot somewhere or whatever) and see what they have to say.
Unread 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
BadHammers
2013 JK Wrangler 

If the daughter were older than 7, I'd tell you to go to Disney. Youngsters could learn about the WPA and what it did for the USA, and about the longest multiple-arch dam in the world. Not to mention the hydroelectric power generation.

And the ORV area is awesome.
BadHammers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
clintwhitey
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The guys at oklahomajeepthing.com know all the spots inside the city. They are very nice.
clintwhitey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
T baggin98
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Theres not a lot of legal places around the city, that are fun anyways... except for one place out by Tinker on 59th & Douglas. If you find any other though let me know, Im always lookin for local wheelin spots.

Last edited by T baggin98; 11-04-2008 at 03:46 PM..
T baggin98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
SoonerE39
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I go along the Canadian river in Norman. Enter by following the road next to Marc Heitz Chevrolet, follow it past the trailer park where it turns into a dirt road and leads to the river. You can go about a mile in each direction from there.
4.0L Auto. D30/D35 3.07 gears, 1.25" Spidertracks spacers, RC 2.5" lift, 1.25" BL, 32 x 11.5 x 15 BFG MT tires, Brown Dog 1" MML, M.O.R.E Bombproof MM Brackets, Big Daddy Tie Rod, JKS Adjustable Track Bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Daylighters, Smittybuilt swing away spare tire- bumper, XRC8 Winch
Red Jeep Club #493
36,602 posts behind Jerry Bransford and getting further behind each day!
SoonerE39 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.