Me and my buddies are discussing a road trip to Colorado next fall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Me and my buddies are discussing a road trip to Colorado next fall

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 10-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
foxchr54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Me and my buddies are discussing a road trip to Colorado next fall

So me and my buddies were talking about planning a road trip from PA to CO. We love the pictures that all you guys from colorado have been posting. My uncle lives just outside Denver, CO so the living quarters have already been taking care of. My buddy has a 00 TJ with a 2inch lift. And i have a 01 TJ running 31 10.50 BFG A/T, no lift but a winch. So my question is would anyone be helpful if we came out. Like i said it wont be til next fall but we dont wanna come out and u know get lost on the trails and what not. Cuz im quite sure that is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested or has some suggestions that would be helpful. Thanks

Unread 10-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

PM sent. I would love to show you around. Just let me know what type and how hard of trails you would like to do.

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Unread 10-28-2008, 02:24 AM   #3
flip311
1988 YJ Wrangler 

By next fall I should have my main three mods completed. New suspension lift, Replace axles to 44/60 with lockers, and tube fenders so I will tag along. Plus by then I should know most of the trails in the springs area.
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
bvjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Trust Cruzin and take the invite. He has one sick rig too. I normally have Thursdays off so I might be albe to get ya on a few too. Just send a PM when your ready and I am sure someone will be able to hook ya up.

BV Jeep

Remember: It Aint Perdy Till It's Dirty!!!!!
Colorado Jeep Member #1999
Unread 11-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
foxchr54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

thanks

thanks alot guys for responding... haha yea me and my buddy have been non stop talkin about it. i guess hes gonna put his 6 inch lift on and run either 33s or 35s i forget what he said. im gonna attempt to get a 4 inch lift by then and some lockers... hell its a year away so i think its possible. we were possibly thinkin of stayin a week due to the extreme distance were gonna be traveling.... about 1600 miles and roughly 27 hours later we should arrive. we were also thinkin of camping out maybe for like 2 days in a legal spot. im thinkin either september or october. as for the trails um its up to u.. im not afraid to try anything once but at the same time.. WE ARE driving them out there and intend on driving them home... hopefully!! i told my buddy im takin out a credit card for about 5000 just for an emergency... but we really look forward to it cuz it should be alot of fun. but thanks again for the hospitality. its greatly appreciated. we'll talk sometime soon
Unread 11-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Just keep me informed and we can start discussing trails you would like to do now so I can send you some info and pictures of how they are. You can then look at them and let me know if that is to little or to much. If I were you I would try to come as early in the year as possible. You will have a majorly cold camping trip in October. I would like to get you up in the high country but the longer into the year the more likely it is to be snowed in. Like I said just keep in touch and I will make sure you have a good time without destroying your Jeep.

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.