Local laws in OK... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Local laws in OK...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
T baggin98
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Local laws in OK...

Ok so im fixin to start on a few projects this weekend including fender trimming and I was wondering if anyone know of any laws in OK about not running fender flairs. Ive been gone so long and when I was stationed in VA you wouldnt pass inspection without fender flairs. Now I know there is no inspection or anything here but I dont wanna be cruisin down the road and get some stupid ticket for not havin fender flairs. Thanks in advance...

Zac

T baggin98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just moved to OK, and I'll be honest that I'm not certain of the laws.

I have noticed that cars here do not have inspection stickers though. So it would be pretty hard to get nailed.

I'm used to the 5-0 busting people for invalid inspection/registration. As far as tires and other mods go, they can do it, but it's big pain for them to do and they usually don't.

The only way to know for certain is to get a hold of the vehicle code.
Unread 12-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
Rangerman28
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Honestly i dont know the laws here in oklahoma but i live in tulsa and ive got trimmed front and rear fenders without fender flares and ive had no problems with the law so far. There has even been afew times i was driving around without doors and a police officer pulled up right next to me at a stop light and he just looked and waved at me. So i would think youd be fine going flareless

99 Cherokee Sport- Forest Pearl Green, 4.5" Rustys, 33x10.50 KM2s on stock wheels, JKS Quicker Disconnects, and many more mods to come!
Rangerman28 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 06:19 AM   #4
T baggin98
1991 XJ Cherokee 

HAHA I didnt really think I would have to many problems in good ol' Okla. I thought I would ask though just in case.
T baggin98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
prerunner1982
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I dont think you will have a problem. I have seen quite a few rigs with cut fenders and wide tires..
prerunner1982 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
jerry4570
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I think you can run without flares or doors or hood or window glass or pants in ok
jerry4570 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.