KS Highway 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > KS Highway 50

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 07-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
colojpchef
1997 TJ Wrangler 

KS Highway 50

Calling Any Jeepers along or in close proximity to highway 50 in the state of Kansas.
An old friend of mine Robert Williams (we grew up together and knew one another from kindergarten) is walking across the country for Autism.
He left San Fran Golden Gate Bridge on May 18th and intends on finishing in D.C. before Turkey Day. He is in Colorado now taking a week break with friends before starting back up again. He is leaving Pueblo, Colorado this upcoming Tuesday to head through Kansas over the next 30 days. He has averaged about 30 miles a day at least that is what he got going through Nevada.
He will have a big blue backpack and pushing a stroller.

His Myspace name is Daddy Dorito.

If you live along highway 50 in Kansas and happen to see him honk or wave or if possible hook him up with some ice or water.
Tell 'em ColoJpChef sent ya and says hello!

To the moderators I hope this is an o.k. thing to post and in the correct place. I sincerely apologize in advance if any rules were infringed upon and please communicate to me how to better post something of this nature and where.

Author: www.JeepGrilleAdventures.com
Culinary Director: www.JPFreek.com www.7BarGrille.com
http://www.myspace.com/jeepgrilleadventures
The world is your oystah...put some hot sauce on it and chug it down!

Last edited by colojpchef; 07-16-2008 at 08:58 PM..
colojpchef is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Soonerinkc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

is he staying south? or will he head up to KC?...would love to help out...
Unread 07-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
colojpchef
1997 TJ Wrangler 

He will be staying on 50 into KC in about a month. Any assist would be great. I also have a former student of mine in KC I am going to try and connect him with.
Appreciate it tremendously!
Mucho Tacos and Bueno Karma to you.
Unread 07-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Ichabod1960
Have Jeep, Will Travel

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tell your friend to bring a gas mask between Pueblo, CO and Garden City, KS. I just drove from Garden City on US 50 going west and there are four or five feed lots on that stretch that will make you gag. The worst is just outside Garden City.

I've been around factory pig farms and large feed lots before but for some reason these lots stunk more than most. I have a new respect for Mike Rowe when he does his Dirty Jobs thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
There's a great lower division class called "Writing for Effective Communications so you don't go through the rest of your life confusing everyone who reads what you write 101" at Washington State University. I highly recommend it.
Ichabod1960 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
colojpchef
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichabod1960 View Post
Tell your friend to bring a gas mask between Pueblo, CO and Garden City, KS. I just drove from Garden City on US 50 going west and there are four or five feed lots on that stretch that will make you gag. The worst is just outside Garden City.

I've been around factory pig farms and large feed lots before but for some reason these lots stunk more than most. I have a new respect for Mike Rowe when he does his Dirty Jobs thing.
Right on man, will do. Thanks for the heads up! There is a Army Navy Supply store in S. Denver I'll take him to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.