katemcy rocks closing! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > katemcy rocks closing!

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

katemcy closing down

Quote:
Katemcy closeing down...
KATEMCY ROCKS CLOSES

All good things must come to an end. So it goes with Katemcy Rocks. We learned last week that we are losing our lease effective June 30, 2009. The trust department that has handled Jack Hays estate notified us that the property was not going to be leased to us again. The son who inherited the property has decided he wishes to use the property exclusively for his family, as is his right. They may eventually build a home on the property.

All the scheduled events we have listed before July will be held as planned. Events scheduled after July will be moved up if time and logistics work out. We will be posting them up on our website as things come together.

We are actively wor kin g on other possible land opportunities, but these are distant chances. Consequently, if you want to wheel at Katemcy before its closed, you need to do so on or before June 13-14, 2009. We currently have five more events scheduled before we must close:

1. March 19-22 Lone Star Landcruiser's Round up (closed event)

2. April 24-26 Lone Star Early Bronco's Roundup (closed event)

3. May 2-3 Baertrax's & Trail Duty's Customer Appreciation runs (open event)

4. May 23-25 Memorial Day Weekend Blowout (our last one - open event)

5. June 13-14 Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” (open event – the last at Katemcy)

If there is enough interest, we may cancel our Moab Easter Jeep Safari trip and schedule one more open event on April 4-5. As it stands, Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” will be our last event at Katemcy Rocks.

It has been an honor and privilege to wheel with you on this property for the past eight (8) years. We have met so many friends through the years and hope to see all of you back here at the Rocks before we close.

Happy Trails,

Randy, Shain, Pam, Casey, Jessica, Juanita, Jerry and Elaine
this really saddens me as another great wheelin spot is closing down for good.

Unread 03-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
rescueyj

for sure hopefully they can find new land
Unread 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

agh I hope I can get my lift on and everything before they close down. I have wanted to go there for forever and now I might not get the chance.

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
dabrogger
1998 TJ Wrangler 

katemcy rocks closing!

KATEMCY ROCKS CLOSES
All good things must come to an end. So it goes with Katemcy Rocks. We learned last week that we are losing our lease effective June 30, 2009.
The trust department that has handled Jack Hays estate notified us that the property was not going to be leased to us again. The son who inherited the property has decided he wishes to use the property exclusively for his family, as is his right. They may eventually build a home on the property.
All the scheduled events we have listed before July will be held as planned. Events scheduled after July will be moved up if time and logistics work out. We will be posting them up on our website as things come together.
We are actively working on other possible land opportunities, but these are distant chances. Consequently, if you want to wheel at Katemcy before its closed, you need to do so on or before June 13-14, 2009. We currently have five more events scheduled before we must close:
1. March 19-22 Lone Star Landcruiser's Round up (closed event)
2. April 24-26 Lone Star Early Bronco's Roundup (closed event)
3. May 2-3 Baertrax's & Trail Duty's Customer Appreciation runs (open event)
4. May 23-25 Memorial Day Weekend Blowout (our last one - open event)
5. June 13-14 Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V†(open event â€" the last at Katemcy)
If there is enough interest, we may cancel our Moab Easter Jeep Safari trip and schedule one more open event on April 4-5. As it stands, Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V†will be our last event at Katemcy Rocks.

It has been an honor and privilege to wheel with you on this property for the past eight years. We have met so many friends through the years and hope to see all of you back here at the Rocks before we close.
Happy Trails,
Randall, Shain, Pam, Casey, Jessica, Juanita, Jerry and Elaine
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
learfxr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm planning to go May 2-3 with LSJC members. Will be my first, and prob last time to go there.

00 TJ 8.8 swap, 35's and 4.88's
Unread 03-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
dabrogger
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by learfxr View Post
I'm planning to go May 2-3 with LSJC members. Will be my first, and prob last time to go there.

man, you'll love it. the place is really fun and the guys that run it are good people. i hope i get to go once more before they close..
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
numchuck
pirate squirrel

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
GrayJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Heard about this last week, what a bummer. Was hands down my favorite place to go wheel...Hopefully one more trip can get squeezed in before it's gone for good..
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
moprr71
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so june 15 is the last day k rock will be open?
Unread 04-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moprr71 View Post
so june 15 is the last day k rock will be open?
that is what I have seen. I am planning on making it out there that weekend. Hopefully my truck will still be running after memorial day at Trees ranch
Unread 04-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
that is what I have seen. I am planning on making it out there that weekend. Hopefully my truck will still be running after memorial day at Trees ranch
I did Trees last month- FUN!

I've never been to K-rocks, so we're going up Memorial weekend. Figure if I only get to go once, I might as well do a long weekend so I can do as much as possible.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
moprr71
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hope they will have 1 more on the 19th and 20th
Unread 05-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #13
moprr71
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the gates are shut after the 15th. I bet its going to be packed on the last weekend.
Unread 05-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's their remaining schedule. There's only 3 open weekends remaining. Which guarantees they are going to be very busy during each open weekend.

MAY 2-3
Baertrax & Trail Duty Customer Appreciation Run
This event has been enlarged to a THREE (3) DAY EVENT.
Wheeling will be available Fri, Sat, and Sun (till 3), May 1-3, 2009.

The cost for all three days of wheeling is $75/rig.
(open event)

MAY 23-25
Memorial Day Weekend Bash
BBQ Dinner Saturday Night, raffle with winch give away
3 day event, special fees will apply
(open event)

JUNE 13-14 *Katemcy Rocks Last Event*
Texas 4x4 Summer Run V
(open event)

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.