June trip to Co '08 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > June trip to Co '08

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
firejim
2000 TJ Wrangler 

June trip to Co '08

starting to plan a trip from IL to Co any calendars set up yet for 08 events. Looking for easy stuff. I will base from Dillon and go for a train ride in durango at least once. Got almost 2 weeks to spend.

Unread 11-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Since you plan on going to Durango for the train, you might also drive north to Silverton and Ouray. August, 2006, I drove over Imogene Pass from Ouray to Telluride, as well as north of Silverton on the Alpine Loop. Although keep in mind that many of the high passes usually do not open until mid to the end of July. Here is a link on when trails are open and closed in CO:
http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm#bill

Plus here is a link to photos of my trip. PM me if you have any questions.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/imogene-pass-co-more-lots-pics-305752/

Beautiful area!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Unread 11-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
firejim
2000 TJ Wrangler 

thanks i just got done reading your last post - that is what i am going to go for
Unread 11-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
durangoyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If your going to wheel in the Durango/Silverton area, look me up. My YJ's stock right now but I might have some mods on it by then. Living in Durango I know a few trails in the area but would LOVE to explore some more.

Colorado Jeep Club Member # 176

\m/(..)\m/ "Rock on!"
Unread 11-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
4crnrsco
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Feel free to let me know if you go ahead. I'm over by Cortez and am always looking for someone to wheel with. Wifey and I did a bunch of stuff up around Silverton/Ouray/Telluride/Lake City this last summer. It's very cool; places to wheel all over.
3" lift with 33x12.50s

Last edited by 4crnrsco; 11-24-2007 at 02:37 PM..
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
daveshan
Feeding the money pits

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ping our local club and let us know when you're coming, the emal link is at the bottom of the page. The '08 calender isn't up on the site yet but starting in late June/early July the high passes open up for some great wheeling. Black Bear is easy for a stock TJ and will provide you with some pics to make the boys back home drool with envy.

'01 TJ Sahara
'98 XJ Sport
'00 XJ Wife's ride
Gone but not forgotten
'56CJ, '61 Wagon, '51 Pickup, '07 JK 4dr

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.