I'm heading back to TX - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > I'm heading back to TX

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm heading back to TX

Moving back to Amarillo, TX (for a couple years to attend a school program) soon after years in Las Vegas.

Ok, my Jeep is basically built for desert wheeling and is a daily driver.

is the State of TX any kind of a-hole in terms of vehicle inspection? I don't have any way of altering stuff back to stock if they'll be picky on the aftermarket intake or the wheels and tire/ flare combo.

I've been out of state for dang near 10 years.

I would especially like input from forum users that live in Amarillo. I know there are one or two so chime in.

just wondering because last time I was in Amarillo, I saw quite a few built rigs driving around.

Unread 01-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
LURCH634
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Don't live in Rillo, But in most of the cities in TX if one plase give you hell, you can just go next door and be ok. Just make sure blinkers, brake lights, wipers, and exhaust doesn't have any holes in it. Other than that you should be fine
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just remember my old passenger cars, you always had some dipstick telling you you had to buy some thing to make your car pass inspection.

I don't want 'em telling me tires are too big or stick out from the flares a little too much, or I need mudflaps or some nonsensical thing.
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
LURCH634
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nope you should be ok. The only thing that I know of that you have to have mudflaps on is a 1 ton or larger, or a dually.
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sweeeeeeeet

I look forward to this....registration and insurance is going to be so much cheaper in TX!
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
twobit
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Correct about the dually mudflap law. You do NOT have to have your fender flares covering your tire width in Texas.

Doorless is legal. Must have one rear view mirror (technically the rear view mirror on your windshield will count).

If you have recessed your tail lights you will need to add red side marker lights on rear sides of vehicle.

Big cities have emmisions testing for exhaust

seatbelts required

no open container, any occupant

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.