Houston Wheeling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Houston Wheeling

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
coyote8301
1995 TJ Wrangler 

Houston Wheeling

Hey im new to the area. Were are some good places to wheel??

Unread 08-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
JOECUE123
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nobody with any input... I was wondering the same thing.
Unread 08-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
CBatZJ
1994 ZJ 

BVORR: Brazos Valley Offroad Ranch is a good place relatively close to you. They're open to the public for free wheeling every 2nd and 4th sunday of the month. Check it out if you havent heard of it. BVORR
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #4
Nutt89
2008 JK Wrangler 

general sams in huntsville
Unread 10-29-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
strube

I haven't heard of too many places in the area. I know some people that go over towards Austin and San Antonio for their wheeling needs.
Unread 11-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
mouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

We used to have a local place to go but it got shut down. Spring Creek was a lot of fun but it's closed down now cuz people wouldn't stay in the $%*& park..
Unread 11-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just found out about Creekside Edge today. Near Houston... But looking at their website, there is no way in hell I'll ever be going there

Creekside Edge

Shiloh Ridge is not too terribly far- Welcome to ShilohRidge about 2 hours from Houston. It's a lot of fun, and has a little of everything- mud, sand, rocks, hill climbs, wooded trails. There's not a lot of rocks to play on, but you can make a day trip and have fun

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
MrJohn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yea, I'm in Huntsville and I'm wondering the same thing. I'll definitely be checking out that General Sam's place that was suggested. I'd like to go this week with BigOrange90YJ, we'll see if we can do that. I'll let you know how I like it when/if I go, feel free to check it out with us if you want to.
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
MrJohn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

General Sam's was great. We got stuck a few times, and our Jeeps are caked in mud. That's going to be a fun clean up. It's a really huge chunk of land, I suggest bringing a map, we lacked a map and we sort of regret that. There's a lot of ATV's, but our Jeeps fit fine on the ATV trails. Definitely be prepared to get stuck. There were huge offroad vehicles that got stuck, and if you aren't getting stuck, you're not going on the fun trails.
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
General Sam's was great. We got stuck a few times, and our Jeeps are caked in mud. That's going to be a fun clean up. It's a really huge chunk of land, I suggest bringing a map, we lacked a map and we sort of regret that. There's a lot of ATV's, but our Jeeps fit fine on the ATV trails. Definitely be prepared to get stuck. There were huge offroad vehicles that got stuck, and if you aren't getting stuck, you're not going on the fun trails.
I would much rather deal with rock rash than mud everywhere

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 12-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
rubiconrx7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

anyone want to go out to General Sams sometime soon, new to the area and would like to find some good places to wheel, got a pretty capable rig with a winch in case we get stuck, let me know
Unread 12-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
jharvey615
2004 TJ Wrangler 

rubiconrx7 pm sent!
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
StickIt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been to Creekside with a group. It was a good ride. Most of the spots had a hard bottom.
My next trip will be to BVORR or ride up to Marble Falls.
Unread 12-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #14
MrJohn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yea, my parent's house is in the Austin area, so I want to go to Hidden Falls over in Marble Falls, sometime.
Unread 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
marine0597
2008 JK Wrangler 

BVORR is the closest place and is a nice park to wheel. If you ever want to make the drive into Katy, We meet the first Friday of every month at 7:30 at Wild Wings on the corner of I-10 and Westgreen.
Sarge

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.