Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

high rockies, co?

778 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fredrok 
#1 ·
I'm in the keystone/breckinridge area and I'm new so I don't know if there's anywhere to wheel out here. Anyone know anything?

#2 ·
I've found TrailDamage.com to be an extremely useful tool in planning which trails to ride in a certain area. They have a trailhead map that shows most anything available wherever you might be in the Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Texas panhandle area. Good ratings system, info, pictures, etc. That site shows Colorado is loaded with trails all over the state (in the mountains), some short, some long but all with great views.

Good luck,

Steven

#4 ·
Softdraw, nice name. I'm steven too lol.
Cooljeepguy are they closed in the winter or just cus of the snow I can't get to em? It was 55 at Keystone today so I got to emagine that most or at least some has melted. I've never really gone wheelin before, only had my jeep for about 2 months. Is snow wheeling harder? I don't want to beat the crap out of my daily driver, just something easy.

#5 ·
It was 55 at Keystone today so I got to emagine that most or at least some has melted.
......and is now ice.

Welcome to CO and Jeeps. My advice would be to take our "off season" and read up/educate yourself on the area and wheelin in general. This time of the year isn't ideal for cutting your teeth on the sport in the Rockies, but if you can find a group heading out; safety in numbers.

When you do go, hook up with some folks you can find on here or other boards. And do yourself and your trail buddies a favor; have safe/strong recovery points on your rig and some gear to help them help you out.

NEW! Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4WD Trails (3rd Edition) [978-1-934838-04-4] - $29.95 : FunTreks Guidebooks
DeLorme Colorado Atlas and Gazetteer at REI.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.