Good shop in Dallas area (differential work) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Good shop in Dallas area (differential work)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Good shop in Dallas area (differential work)

Hi all, I'm looking for a local shop that can help me replace my vari-lok diff on my WJ. Preferably north Dallas area but for a good shop with a reasonable price I'm willing to drive a bit.

All my gears are fine, but the vari-loc unit itself is completely toast. As far as I know it cannot be serviced but you have to replace the whole carrier/innards in one piece.

I'm not sure how much of this I can do myself, I at least need someone to transplant my ring gear and probably change the carrier bearings too while it's out.
If the unit is the same as the original one once that has been replaced I can install it myself. If I need to do all the adjustments for backlash and offset and all that I will probably need help with that to.

Unread 02-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
rudy99
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Baertrax is around 35E and 635 and they do great work. Also Expert Offroad in Plano around GBT and 75 area.
6-speed; D30/D44 w/3.73; 33"x12.5 MTRs; Skid Row Engine/Steering Skids; AtoZ Rockers and Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier; Rockcrusher and T&J Diff Covers; 4WheelCustoms 2.25" BB; M.O.R.E 1" MML; PA 1" BL; Mike Green LCA Skids; Uniden Pro510XL w/2' Firestik; Husky Floor Liners
Lone Star Jeep Club

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.