Fort Collins Area Camping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Fort Collins Area Camping

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 03-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Fort Collins Area Camping

Sorry for the random question, but me and a couple guys are wanting to spend a week studying in the mountains. We're coming from St. Louis so we're planning on heading straight to Denver, then to Fort Collins to see some friends. We can't fit in my Jeep so we're taking my friend's Acura so we're not looking for offroad trails.

We're gonna head out there the second weekend of April and we're trying to find somewhere in the mountains to camp that is out far away from most people but won't be covered in snow at that time. Also, it'd be nice to be within an hour or so of a small town so we can get online (yeah, we'll still be taking care of school business)

I've spent a couple summers out in Telluride but unfortunately I can't fit everyone in my Jeep to do anything like that so we're stuck to 2wd cars, but please throw out any area/park names that you know of or recommend out there. Thanks!

4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
ride172
2001 XJ Cherokee 

there are nice campsites that should be open a few miles off of highway 14 that goes up the poudre river canyon... its really nice there...
ride172 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
XJH-007

Haha, sorry dude.....

"not covered in snow, 1hr from wifi, and far away from people....in an Acura"

In Colorado...........................in April??

You guys going to hold hands too? Maybe sing Kumbaya??

Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
roc4117
Go Broncos!!!

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride172 View Post
there are nice campsites that should be open a few miles off of highway 14 that goes up the poudre river canyon... its really nice there...
I agree. You might also want to check out Red Feather Lakes area. Snow might or might not be an issue, just check the forcast before you go. The town of Redfeather is pretty small, but big enough to have everything you need. Great area for fishing too if you're interested in that.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #115
roc4117 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies. But things changed and we're not going to be able to make it out there.

Guess I'll just have to wait for my wheeling trip this June, part of which will be going through the San Juans
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is perfect, I was just going to start a similar thread.

I may be going to CSU in Ft.Collins for one semester next year (probably spring). Rather than find an apartment, I would just like to drive my truck camper down and park it. In Boise, we have some RV Parks and mobile home parks within a few miles of town that allow you to park your RV at monthly rates.

I've checked Google and the closest thing I can find to yellow pages in the area and I can't find anything other than a KOA. Can any of you point me in the right direction.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
Be-O-Be
2000 WJ 

I know for sure that loveland has one just on the east side of town on hwy 34 and as does greeley.. I dont recall off the bat where one is in foco but im sure there is one somewhere.. Let me look into it a little more and ill let you know.
Be-O-Be is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be-O-Be View Post
I know for sure that loveland has one just on the east side of town on hwy 34 and as does greeley.. I dont recall off the bat where one is in foco but im sure there is one somewhere.. Let me look into it a little more and ill let you know.
I would appreciate that, thank you.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.