Fall in Telluride/Ouray Colorado - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Fall in Telluride/Ouray Colorado

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
4xjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fall in Telluride/Ouray Colorado

Hey all, my wife and I are planning a trip to Colorado in the Telluride/Ouray area this fall, somewhere between mid Sept-early October (only because I cant get time off in the summer). I would like to check out Immogene and Black Bear Pass but Im curious what the snow level is like at that time. Anybody been there or know what the typical weather is that time of year? Thanks.

Unread 01-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

The short answer is "it depends" Typically, fall is beautiful in CO, but you could run into an early season storm that closes the high passes. Be sure to dress for any possible weather! Here's my favorite website that lists CO trail status- Bushducks - Jeep Trail and Backroads Trip Reports<BR>Colorado Jeep Trails and Passes - Opening Dates
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
4xjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply!
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Also, the county websites for San Miguel, Ouray, and San Juan counties list road conditions for the major jeep trails in the area.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.