fairplay/ buena vista 9-7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > fairplay/ buena vista 9-7

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 08-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
outlaw37
1990 YJ Wrangler 

fairplay/ buena vista 9-7

Im heading to the fairplay buena vista area on 9-7. New to jeeps and mountian wheeling. Im from the flatlands of CO. Any reccommendations for trails? Where is a good place to leave a tow rig and trailer? Anybody else going to be out then?

Unread 08-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
mushroomax
2003 TJ Wrangler 

For the Fairplay area you need to do Wheeler Lake. Great views and a couple of obstacles to play around on. I've parked a 28 foot gooseneck right before the start of the trailhead with no problems.

For the Buena Vista area there are a lot of trails: Carnage, Chinamans Gulch, Mt. Antero/Baldwin Lakes, Grizzley Lake, Iron Chest, Tincup Pass, etc....
There is a place in Johnston Village (just outside BV) that you can park a trailer. This is usually where I park the gooseneck when doing any trails in the greater Buena Vista area. You can fit a trailer at the trailhead of Chinamans Gulch/Carnage and depending on what other trails you are going to do sometimes you can find a spot along whatever dirt road leads to them. I suggest you ask these same questions on Colorado4x4.org as this site is more specific to the area that you will be wheeling. Also check out traildamage.com.

Feel free to PM me for more info as my posts are delayed due to my post count not at 25 yet.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.