Differential Help in Denver? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Differential Help in Denver?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 02-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Brett0424
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Differential Help in Denver?

Hey everyone. I just picked up a 98 xj with a chryco 8.25. The rear diff bearing and seals all need to be replaced, and possibly the gears themselves. I am having trouble finding a competent shop to do this, and I want to learn about it. If anyone out there has the tools and know-how to do this job, I'll pay you a couple hundred bucks to help me out and teach me. I wish I could tackle it myself but it seems to be a job requiring some experience. Thanks everyone. You can email me at Brett0424@gmail.com

Unread 02-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

I can setup dana axles but I think you have to have a special tool to adjust carrier pre load on a chryco 8.25 and I do not have that. I live in Monument.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.