denver-metro/ northern colorado - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > denver-metro/ northern colorado

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 03-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
M_Hudek
1998 TJ Wrangler 

denver-metro/ northern colorado

hey i was just wondering is there anyone up in this area that goes wheeling and know some good trails? i would apreciate(sp) it yall would let me know where a few are!!

M_Hudek is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
M_Hudek
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i should make myself more clear..ones that are open cuz st pattys day weekend a friend is coming up from tx and wants to go wheeling
Unread 03-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
BLAZZIN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

7 mile, ballard road, are probably the only thing open right now around FTC and Loveland. I would be prepared for lots of snow and ice as I have been on these 2 trails in the last couple of months and experienced both.
BLAZZIN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
M_Hudek
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i would have thought alot of the snow would have melted already due to the last couple of weeks...guess im gunna have to wait then ..im just ready to hit some trails for the first time haha
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
BLAZZIN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Hudek View Post
i would have thought alot of the snow would have melted already due to the last couple of weeks...guess im gunna have to wait then ..im just ready to hit some trails for the first time haha
7 mile could be a pretty good time, if you have some one to go with you would probably be alright. But at the least make sure and have a winch just in case.
BLAZZIN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
M_Hudek
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i dont know to many ppl and winch is on the list...i think a few guys was gunna go to left hand pretty soon..so i might just tag along with them..they have the winches haha..but in the summer im gunna have to hit some of these closer trails
Unread 03-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
bvjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well your profile dose not say how big or well built your rig is???? Here in Buena Vista there are some trails that are still wide open (Pending this next snow storm) Chinaman's Gulch is pretty much open year round. Its about 170 miles from Loveland though. You would need to have some kind of lift with about 33" tires to get through it. Mine is a 99 TJ with 4" lift and 35" tires with both axles open. Not an easy trail but can be real fun if you know what your rig is capable of.

BV Jeep

Remember: It Aint Perdy Till It's Dirty!!!!!
Colorado Jeep Member #1999
bvjeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #8
MCrock
2001 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...&pname=Arapaho

Here is a great link to Northern Colorado trail status'.
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #9
MCrock
2001 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...&pname=Arapaho

Here is a great link to Northern Colorado trail status'.
Unread 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
M_Hudek
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i have a 1 3/4 bb and 31 inch tires. im about to do the homemade discos and new header this weekend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.