Corpus Christi - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Corpus Christi

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
CJ5ive
1982 CJ5 

Corpus Christi

Does anybody ever get together here at the beach?

Unread 10-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I have been to Corpus, but never down to PINS...always wanted to drive it, how is it?
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, John 3:16

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

Unread 10-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
CJ5ive
1982 CJ5 

It's really nice, the further south you have to use 4x4. I don't know too many places where you can drive on the beach for miles.
Unread 10-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm deployed to Iraq at the moment, but I'm from Corpus. To be honest, I've never really seen a group of Jeep roll out on the island to rip it up. I've a couple of mixed matched groups, but not just jeeps. My familly lives about a minute from Bob Hall Pier, so I get alot of time there when I'm on leave. I'll get back in December, hopefully it'll be warm enough for me to have some fun.
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
CJ5ive
1982 CJ5 

Yeah it would be nice to get a few out there once in a while, I think it would be fun. I sure would be a sight to see. Well you should remember that almost every December down here you can wear shorts.
Unread 10-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #6
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm counting on it. Once I get the new A/T's I'll be having some fun. Tell you how it goes.
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i live in corpus and go to the beach all the time, ive never went wheeling with a group but ive gone by myself ive gotten pulled over for doing donuts once. theres really not much to do cuz going beck in the dunes is illegal so you just have to drive out where they cant see you

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
Unread 11-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
southtxdstroyer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i live in cc as well
i know people rave about big shell and how hard it is and know a few guys with 4x4s who would be down for a camping trip if it could be organized
Such is the rule of honor.
open your eyes www.infowars.com
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
CJ5ive
1982 CJ5 

that sounds like it would be fun...get some good fishing in over there too from what I hear. my mc is leaking now so I'm going to have to get that replaced before heading out there when it warms up.
Unread 12-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
BIG_J
2005 KJ Liberty 

Hell I line in Austin area, but i go down to part a as much as i can. I live fishing and camping. maybe we could get some guys from up here to head down when yall plan on camping. Just keep us in the loop. I knwo for sure i would drive down for it.
Unread 12-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
Maverick_jco3
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm originally from san diego so i spent alot of time in c.c. My sister and bro-in-law used to live there so i spent summers @ j.p.luby and the national seashore. Hoping to do some wheelin in the spring with the family and then wheelin/camping trip with one of my best buds. I'll check back and maybe we can get a group together. I was told there are 55 miles of beach to drive on @ the national seashore.
Unread 12-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
semikrazy
1976 CJ5 

Padre Island national seashore has 65 miles of beach only for 4x4's I love spending a few days driving it after a storm, all kinds of things wash up. Just remember its 65 miles in and 65 miles back out with no fuel stops inbetween. Your mostly driving through broken shell and it is deep in places. To be safe you should have two spare tires. I havent been there since Jan of 99 and it was 86 degrees and I ended up with a sunburn.
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #13
Maverick_jco3
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. That's good to know about the tires and conditions. I had also planned on taking some 2x6's and a couple shovels just in case. I work @ a sand mine and even with 4x4 trucks we sometimes had to get out and shovel a little. Probably wouldn't go the whole 65 but a gas can still a good idea.
Unread 01-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #14
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If your worried about getting stuck just bring a tow strap and flag down a random 4x4 to give you a tug, most people here are really friendly and wont charge you anything. I have pulled out many people and and even refused 20 bucks from a guy who insisted on paying me and he even ripped my tow strap a little. I just think of it as karma, and I'd only except like 5 bucks for a tug if anything.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
77CJ7Lucas
1977 CJ7 

Back in '96, on vacation, I drove all the way to the cut in a stock S10 blazer that I drove from Iowa! Way cool! We live in Missouri now and just last night we were talking about trailering the CJ down in a couple months and getting in some beach time in. Great to hear it is still open to vehicles. Are the camp grounds still there and maintained? Need to have a base to park the tow rig and to camp in. You are correct in that the locals are friendly! They always have been right there if I got in a jam!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.