Colorado - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 04-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #16
RoboFrance29
1995 YJ Wrangler 

In my youth, my family and I would always vacation up in Lake City, rent a couple of wranglers, and take them on the alpine loop. It's nice little trail that takes you from lake city to silverton to ouray, all of which have their own fun shops as well as things to do. I agree about Ouray though, there's plenty to do there to keep you occupied for a few days.

I'm also planning a move up there, probably around Denver since the gf is a die-hard av's fan...Let us know what you decide on

RoboFrance29 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
rdlmac
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just a heads up for anyone that was thinking about ordering the book "Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails (2nd Edition)"

I was searching on line, price comparing, and saw that Barnes & Nobel is letting you pre-order the 3rd edition coming out on 01 May. I threw it in google and didn't see a whole lot more regarding the 3rd edition but it's on the B&N web page.

Guide to Colorado Backroads and 4 Wheel-Drive Trails (Third Edition), Charles A. Wells, Book - Barnes & Noble
rdlmac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like I might be moving to Colorado Springs sooner than I thought.
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
MMPSM
1959 CJ6 

Brrr! in the winter. One of the coldest places in CO. But in the Spring Fall and Summer, Wow! Pearl pass, Schofield Pass, many other great trails. Just over the mountain, (in 4WD) is Aspen, Gunnison just down the road. What could be finer?
MMSM
MMPSM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
jtpaintball70

I just moved up here a month ago. Check out Colorado4x4.org

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #21
Cajuntj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlmac View Post
Just a heads up for anyone that was thinking about ordering the book "Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails (2nd Edition)"

I was searching on line, price comparing, and saw that Barnes & Nobel is letting you pre-order the 3rd edition coming out on 01 May. I threw it in google and didn't see a whole lot more regarding the 3rd edition but it's on the B&N web page.

Guide to Colorado Backroads and 4 Wheel-Drive Trails (Third Edition), Charles A. Wells, Book - Barnes & Noble
The 3rd edition is worth waiting for. It lists 27 more trails then the previous ones, is in full color, etc.
Cajuntj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #22
HeavyMetl

I've signed a lease and am moving to Golden on May 26th, so I certainly plan on hitting lots of trails and camping a ton once I get settled into my job and apartment. Goodbye Ohio.....hello Colorado!

Now I just gotta join a club or somehow get involved. There's a lot of trails to ride, and going as a group is always more fun.
Unread 05-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
Cajuntj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetl View Post
I've signed a lease and am moving to Golden on May 26th, so I certainly plan on hitting lots of trails and camping a ton once I get settled into my job and apartment. Goodbye Ohio.....hello Colorado!

Now I just gotta join a club or somehow get involved. There's a lot of trails to ride, and going as a group is always more fun.
colorado4x4.org
Cajuntj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #24
RoboFrance29
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I have a friend who lives there and loves it. I don't see how anyone couldn't...
RoboFrance29 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsWrong View Post
Hmmm, so if you could live anywhere in Colorado, where would it be?
My pick is Ouray
Project f-Xj F150/XJ Ford eXtreme jeep combo
06 6 Speed LJ my daily driver.
Colorado Jeep club memeber #505
nitecop is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #26
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecop View Post
My pick is Ouray
x2!!!!!!!!
colojeepguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #27
TheFog
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I was up there last year and a really fun trail is the Red Cone pass. Its a really breathtaking view but not for the faint of heart because of the drop offs and very little room for error. On the way down Red Cone its so steep and narrow you can't hit the brakes or you will slide off

On the backside of Red Cone you have to either pick Montezuma or Webster. Don't take Webster pass, I almost slid my 4runner off the side of the mountain trying to get around a blown out section the road where almost half the road is gone.

Here is two really good videos someone made driving Red Cone

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-sevgCzO8

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXeYu9Nesnw

FOG

Last edited by TheFog; 05-30-2010 at 09:44 AM..
TheFog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #28
vonhef
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have used the below listed link to research Colorado trails:

TrailDamage.com
vonhef is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #29
Steps
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I lived in Ohio for a few years. There is no comparison between living in CO and there.

Get a gazetteer...witht he trail books and that you will be set.
Unread 06-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #30
HeavyMetl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steps View Post
I lived in Ohio for a few years. There is no comparison between living in CO and there.

Get a gazetteer...witht he trail books and that you will be set.
Yup, got a DeLorme and the Wells books, and I've actually already wheeled some stuff, Twin Cone, Pole Hill, and East Magnolia. If anybody wants to weekday wheel, I'm your man. I work nearly every weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.