Closing Camp Gruber ORV Braggs, OK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Closing Camp Gruber ORV Braggs, OK

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 03-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
tonymcvay
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Closing Camp Gruber ORV Braggs, OK

They are closing Gruber

I just received a phone call from a fellow four wheeler stating that the
the people in charge are closing the Camp Gruber ORV Park in Braggs. The meeting for this closure is going to
to be tonight March 10, 2011 at 6:00 at a conference room in the new hospital in Muskogee. The hospital
address is 2900 N. Main Muskogee, Ok (Intersection of Main and Harris).
I would like to ask anyone who is
interested in keeping our off-road trails and parks open to public, please make every effort to attend this
meeting tonight and show support for the ORV Park and help keep it open.
See you all in Muskogee at 6:00 pm
today. Please forward this to anyone who you think will be able to help.

Unread 03-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Raz0rback
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks. What did they decide? I grew up 4wheelin gruber with my dad in his old 75 Jimmy
Unread 03-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
tonymcvay
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well long story short the trustees are all motorcycle riders. They are mad about people going out there and tearing up there bike trails. What we got decided last night was that they are going to start charging a day fee out there. And we are going to help them get designated trails setup so that everyone will have an area to there specific vehicle type. There was a good turnout last night and we are going to continue going to these meetings and getting it all set up so that everyone can still enjoy going out there. The biggest problem is going to be getting rid of the people that are going out there with no regards to the property and just blatantly tearing everything up. Everyone is going to have to work together to get the riff raff run out of there or it will get closed up like a lot of other places have been. We will know more after next months council meeting. I will post more updates as soon as we have them.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.