Black Bear Pass, CO - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Black Bear Pass, CO

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #16
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

I will second Imogene pass and a side trip up Yankee Boy basin is in order. Yankee Boy is a beautiful valley.

foggybottombob is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #17
baldfatdad

That's the Uncompahgra National forest. Google for the ranger station. Call them and ask where the "dispersed camping" is in the area you are going. And search for National forest campgrounds there. Dispersed is just camping in the woods "free". The camp grounds have toliets and some kind of water. They are much cheaper than the state parks. But you have to get to the camp grounds on Thursday or crack of dawn Friday. Some sites in Forest Service camp grounds are resevseable. But I think its a rip off.
If you are driving a pass and the passenger is on the cliff side it will scare the crap out of most people. Try letting your wife drive and you sit over there some time.
have a great trip.
baldfatdad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #18
rcsutton
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all of the great ideas. Starting to get excited.
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #19
nitecop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I ran this trail last year in my TJ. It was my first time on that trail. I did it by my self (no spotter) and mine rides on 32s and one (front) locker. It was no problem for me.
Project f-Xj F150/XJ Ford eXtreme jeep combo
06 6 Speed LJ my daily driver.
Colorado Jeep club memeber #505
nitecop is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #20
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

Engineer is a great ride, too. Just outside Ouray. I plan on frequenting the area, this summer.
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #21
xinys

Bob....I have wheeled the Ouray area....live just down the mountain in Franklin....travel in a MH....if I can answer any specific questions just give me a call ...evenings @ 524 5919....Richard
xinys is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.