Big bend shout out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Big bend shout out

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
FtDavisJeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Big bend shout out

Looking to see who's the Jeepers in the Alpine, Fort Davis, Marfa, Presidio, Marathon Texas area. How many us are out here, and what trails are y'all hitting?

FtDavisJeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

There are numerous jeeps in the Alpine area as well as some that come in from other west Texas towns (as me).

Right now is the best time to be in the area as the temp get so high in the summer (then it is time to go to NM and Colorado).

There has been some development of jeep trails on the Lajitas Ranch/Resort, that is an on going process and access, rules (because it is a multi use property with hunting and firearm ranges), and trail development.

We are "scratching" the surface on trails in Big Bend Ranch State Park (BBRSP) which has limited use to off road vehicles as well. Bit of a learning curve there. We are also active in running in New Mexico and Colorado.

Attached is a small write up on a trip we did last month.

PM me with your email and I will let you know of any activities that we are doing (none at present just talk). Biotex, is a very active jeeper in Alpine and good guy (dont tell I said that) http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/sssh.gif http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/laugh2.gif and we have run numerous trips together. If you are over that way, he has the local furniture store, drop by for a visit.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/w...nd-tx-1140658/
h2ojeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
FtDavisJeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I live in the next town over. Been meaning to get by there and talk to Biotex, Although that's not the name I know him by. Most of the guys here never really get out to go wheeling, they either can't or won't go. Now my Jeep is by no means a freak of nature rock crawling animal. But man I still get out there and at least try. Been wishing we could start a Jeep club/group/trail team but most aren't interested because they say their rigs not modified enough or "I don't want to damage it". Ya I understand, mine is my DD too. But come out and see, check it out you'll be really surprised. But I dont know I guess that just life?
FtDavisJeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:17 AM   #4
bremen66
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, Alpine here. I still have a relatively unmodified TJ Rubi and I take it out as much as possible. I think it would make it much easier if we were able to secure some land access near the three "cities" here. I know the little bit of wheeling I get I'm always worried that someone will construe it as trespassing and or destruction of public property . This last snow we had I had some fun crossing some frozen creeks and managed to bend in my license plate as I plowed off the overlying ice. Also the SAJE? comes down once a year and has a run north of Terlingua perhaps if a few of you are looking to get into some of the more serious rock crawling.

If anyone ever wants to get together im sure BIOTEX would host us if we ever wanted to get together for a "meeting"
bremen66 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #5
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

I went to BBRSP last year. had a good time but we didnt hit the trails we wanted too at the time. we were limited on time.

a few of us are going back agian. JKOwners.com members TexasKEv, RubiCajun and I are planning another trip this year. so far we have 5 Jeeps for the first week of May. We will be doing mostly BBRSP but will go back to Big Bend National Park again.

little bit of pics and info from last years trip Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park Texas May 2010 I'll update it when we get the plans firmed up

I do plan on more extreme trails. I'm built for it but the other guys weren't at the time.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
bremen66
2005 TJ Wrangler 

just a harmless bump, I know theres more of us out there.
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
bremen66
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The temperature is getting warmer and soon it will be to hot (dangerous) to go wheel in this remote location
Unread 03-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

a few of us on JKOwners are still planning for the first week of May. so far 6 Jeeps, all JKs.
more than welcome to join us. we still making plans on the trails and I'll post the info or make a new topic when everything is finalized.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #9
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bremen66, H2OJeep, and I wheeled the BBSP this weekend, and can tell you that it is a fun place. The only bad part of the trip is the road in/out. It is 27 miles of washboard and dust. Once you get past that, it is all good. The park is planning to open up a Northern entrance off of Casa Piedra road sometime soon, and that will cut out a lot of the time it takes just to get into the park.

Bring your own toilet, or at least tell them you have your own, or they will charge you to rent one.
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.