Attn : NWArkansas, SWMissouri - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Attn : NWArkansas, SWMissouri

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Attn : NWArkansas, SWMissouri

If you want to get out and play a bit Sunday 6/8, it looks like we're gonna make a run to the Mark Twain.
Those that want, we'll be meeting up at the junction of hwy 62 and 72 ("36.42957,-94.053097" on google maps) at 10am (+/- 10 minutes or so).
If you are in Missouri, this meeting place would be redundant for you, so if you want to just hang out at the turn off of , and jump in there, you're more than welcome. If you are impatient, maybe we'll run into you in the woods (not literally run INTO you...LOL).
If you don't know where these trails are, easiest way I can tell you is go to Google Maps and search for "NF-197/NF-2275 @36.527310, -93.823740"(copy/paste for ease). You can choose "get directions" and pick your starting point if you need.

If you don't know anything about these trails, they are mostly scenic. There are some rough patches and some "funner" obstacles, but all of them, as far as I can remember, have bypasses. For reference, my father-in-law's stock-suspension TJ on 31's has gone with us and not had any major issues.

Unread 06-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
godfather1138

I'm in as long as everything goes smooth when I pick my CJ up tomorrow. I will see you at the meeting spot at 10!
Unread 06-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Suuuhweet!!
Unread 06-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Joe Bob Biggs
1988 XJ Cherokee 

is this a public place ....
I am looking for some places to 4 wheel / camp with the family
Not wanting anything too aggressive since the Fam. will be with me.
Also does anyone who has been there have any pics I can check out

Man o Man...... I'm Gonna Come @ You Like A SpiderMonkey
Unread 06-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
godfather1138

Well there has been a hiccup, if you want to call it that. My buddy called me today to tell me that the Jeep would not be ready for me to pick up tomorrow. He has been replacing some stuff (fuel filter, fuel pump, fluids) to make sure the rig was 100% road read b/c it has been sitting for a little while. He had no problem getting it started before he dropped the tank, but for some reason couldn't get it fired up after. Hopefully everything will still work out so I can make it down to pick it up Friday.

I'll keep you guys updated on the situation.
Unread 06-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob Biggs View Post
is this a public place ....
I am looking for some places to 4 wheel / camp with the family
Not wanting anything too aggressive since the Fam. will be with me.
Also does anyone who has been there have any pics I can check out
I don't know of any pics. It is a public place, but it's not like an actual ORV park. Yes, it is legal to 4wheel...they do have signs posted everywhere regarding ATV/ORV safety. Like I said, there are places that are rough, but most have bypasses, and not only has my father-in-law's stock TJ on 31's made it, I just remembered that my cousin's boyfriend brough his Xterra out and, not only was it stock, but he had some bald A/T's on it that day...we had to finesse him through a couple spots, but all-in-all, it did fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather1138 View Post
Well there has been a hiccup, if you want to call it that. My buddy called me today to tell me that the Jeep would not be ready for me to pick up tomorrow. He has been replacing some stuff (fuel filter, fuel pump, fluids) to make sure the rig was 100% road read b/c it has been sitting for a little while. He had no problem getting it started before he dropped the tank, but for some reason couldn't get it fired up after. Hopefully everything will still work out so I can make it down to pick it up Friday.

I'll keep you guys updated on the situation.
Good luck with that.
Unread 06-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
OrangeSands
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like what we're looking for ... even with the little uns in the back.

We've played on a couple of trails up there and Stacey has some pics up on her blog ( in the sig )

The big tree was across one of those trails in Mark Twain. We had our 6 month and 20 month olds in the back.

Cheers,

www.MyFamilyJeep.com

Red Jeep Club #467
Unread 06-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If all goes well, I'll be at the meeting spot.
Unread 06-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwampler View Post
If all goes well, I'll be at the meeting spot.
Awesome...with an old friend of mine in his TJ, we're 4 strong at this point, and if my cousin's fiancee brings his X, that's 5. You'd be 6 and godfather is a potential 7.
NICE!!!
Unread 06-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #10
godfather1138

This is shaping up to be a great outing.
Unread 06-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
Wamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

godfather1138, If your Jeep isn't ready, I might have the shotgun seat available. Let me know.
Unread 06-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #12
godfather1138

I may just take you up on that.
Unread 06-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #13
godfather1138

W00T! Got a call from him last night saying it was good to go so I am about to head out to pick it up. think positive Jeep thoughts for me so I get it home incident free.
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #14
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Awesome!!! Sending good vibes -

BTW - we'll probably be out there into the mid-afternoon. I think, rather than lugging the grill, charcoal, etc out, we're just gonna let everyone fend for themselves for lunch. We'll probably pull a quick stop in at the Conoco in Seligman for fuel topoffs where needed, if you want to grab something there to take out with you.
On that note, if something happens and you're running a little behind, and you happen upon the Hwy 62/72 junction and the place with the colorful palm trees (you'll see what I'm talking about), and nobody is there (i.e. we've already rolled out), you can probably catch up with us at that Conoco.
You can look it up on Google because I guaruntee it's the only Conoco in Seligman, MO, but you can't miss it. AFter you turn left on 37 (off 62) in Gateway, you take it into Seligman and the Conoco is at the corner where you'll turn right on 112.

Last edited by Big_Fisch; 06-06-2008 at 09:54 AM..
Unread 06-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #15
godfather1138

Good news, and bad news. The good news... the CJ is here, and I WILL be making this trip with you guys. The bad news... T5 with stock gearing in the AMC 20 makes 5th gear worthless, and gives me a top speed of about 70, if I'm lucky. Other than that she seems ready to rock! I must admit that I didn't realize how small the tanks are in these things. The gas mileage seems about the same as my truck but the tank is much smaller so fill ups were a constant today.

Anyway, thanks for the good vibes. We made it home late, but incident free.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.