Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Arkansas people?

75K views 564 replies 138 participants last post by  dgrady77 
#1 ·
just wondering if there were any guys out there from arkansas.

#258 ·
I'm not sure what's in NE Arkansas, but google map Seymour, MO...better yet, just go to http://www.smorr.net/ and get directions. That might be an easy drive from where you are.
I think ARXJ's been there recently.

EDIT : Nevermind...you're further south than I thought you might be.

#265 ·
Holy crap. I could have sworn that was his name. :laugh:

Yah, he's quite a wheeler. His XJ is done up quite nicely, too.
Well, it'll be fun to meet you and wheel with you this weekend. I hope I end up out there. I sent GraKee some info on a few locales. :cheers2:

#269 ·
What's up, CJ...:wave: Love what you're doing over in General. :cheers2:

Ok, guys, it looks like the boating outing is pretty much on for Saturday, BUT, we're gonna actually get out there about noon. God willing, I'll be done and back in Pea Ridge by 3pm, so if you guys HAPPEN to still be out doing your thing at that time, I'm in.
GraKee99, I'll just give you a shout when I'm ready to head that way. :thumbsup:

#277 ·
What part of Ark are you from, I thought I read somewhere that you are from Ft Smith area, am I close?

#274 ·
I was in a tornado in 1999. The worst part wasn't the actual hit. It was "coming to" with absolutely no line of sight except from the second or two of light from the flashes of lightning. THAT was scary. No to mention dirt in your eye that took forever to rub out, and being in a different place then where you originally hid for shelter in. Very surreal. I couldn't imagine being elderly or a very young child and having to have gone through that. I'd-a had a heart attack.

The hit lasted for what felt like 2 hours. (most likely 45 seconds since it was a F2) but stumbling around and attempting to make out where exactly you are yet you can't see your hands in front of you, that lasted days. (In reality about 40 minutes before we saw police headlights)

Hope those people in Mena are continuing to have faith that things will get back to normal.

#275 ·
hey guys for those who plan to go out wheeling in bella vista i gess it wold be better if you guys traveled together and i am asuming you guys have eachothers number. I guess you guys are meeting me at work so i will tell brian an i guess you guys can follow him if not text or call me 295 1902

#283 ·
:brickwall:

I was soooo pissed Saturday.
I started the garage at 9:00 and was done by 12:00. We hauled *** out to the lake and, unlike most times where my FIL would just chat you up all day, we were actually headed back home by 2:00. We were going MTB'ing at 4:00, so I figured I had 2 hours to catch up with you guys, but then it was brought to my attention that, with the storm coming, I would have to mow front and back yards. :(
Well, obviously, I didn't get to catch up with you guys.
I hope everything went smooth and that you definitely plan on hitting some of the same spots again. I told :wifey: that next time, I'll bail on my own funeral to make sure that I get out there. :laugh:

Pics would be GREAT!

#288 ·
It was awesome. Some narrow trails left some marks on my WJ but no biggie. No one had a camera so no pictures except for the H3 which are on DuRubi phone. They are crazy.

Sorry guys but no Mark Twain for me this coming weekend, parents are coming up to visit before I go out to Colorado. Maybe the weekend after we can get something going. I'm bummed.

#299 · (Edited)
thanks! Yeah it bumps the roof rack though. I need to get a tennis ball or something...Whats better is my new ironrock offroad track bar and bracket :2thumbsup: Really made it handle better. More flex too.

#300 ·
Ok, one week 'til Eureka Springs Jeep Weekend. :woohoo:

How's about a roll call of who is planning on going??

I DID get scheduled to work that morning, so we'll be taking off from Rogers about 12:30...so we should get to the ranch right as it they are starting the trails.
If anyone wants to meet up and convoy, you're welcome too. We'll probably just meet at the gas station at the corner of Hwy62/102/Hudson Rd and Hwy 94.

Who else is planning on going?

ARXJ...if you want, go ahead and PM me your cell#.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.