Arkansas people? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Arkansas people?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #46
Joeys97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Hot Springs. Have yet to go to the Superlift park tho :/ I'm planning on it a lot more now that I have my jeep back together.

Unread 04-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #47
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Just checking in.

I'm another ArKANsan in a Jeep.

I currently live in Pea Ridge, but the house is for sale and I hope to be in Lowell, where I work, by the end of summer (the new house still has to be built).
I also have a brother-in-law in Pea Ridge and a sister in Rogers, both with TJ's and neither of which are on the forum, but we usually hit trails together, although my brother-in-law is in Floriday until June.

On that note, my sister is wanting to get some trail time soon and, with mid 70's for highs this weekend, I do believe we should be out and about. My dad MAY take my brother-in-law's Jeep, too.
We'll likely go to Mark Twain, probably Sunday since we're doing the Race for the Cure Saturday morning and the rest of the day is shot. Anyone in the area that is feeling the itch, you're more than welcome to roll up there with us if you want. My philosophy is "the more, the merrier".

Last edited by Big_Fisch; 04-15-2008 at 09:21 AM..
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #48
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
1999 WJ 

What kind of trails do yall when you go cause I might be able to get out of work to tag along?

WJ, WK, CJ5

[CENTER][URL="http://staythetrail.org/"][COLOR="Navy"]Stay the Trail[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #188[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #49
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Nothing incredibly heavy, despite a few fun obstacles.
We went one way once with a stock Xterra and only had 2 or 3 places that we had to really finesse him through.
My sister's TJ only has 31's and 2" SkyJ coil spacers and she even runs with her sway bar usually, so you shouldn't have any issues.
I'm just dying to get down to the bottom and see what the creek looks like right now.
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #50
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
1999 WJ 

Sweet that sounds like fun. I will let you know if I can make it we can meet up somewhere in Lowell or Rogers.

WJ, WK, CJ5

[CENTER][URL="http://staythetrail.org/"][COLOR="Navy"]Stay the Trail[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #188[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Unread 04-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #51
ARK83CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Van Buren Here!!!!
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #52
ARXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Fisch View Post
I'm another ArKANsan in a Jeep.

I currently live in Pea Ridge, but the house is for sale and I hope to be in Lowell, where I work, by the end of summer (the new house still has to be built).
I also have a brother-in-law in Pea Ridge and a sister in Rogers, both with TJ's and neither of which are on the forum, but we usually hit trails together, although my brother-in-law is in Floriday until June.

On that note, my sister is wanting to get some trail time soon and, with mid 70's for highs this weekend, I do believe we should be out and about. My dad MAY take my brother-in-law's Jeep, too.
We'll likely go to Mark Twain, probably Sunday since we're doing the Race for the Cure Saturday morning and the rest of the day is shot. Anyone in the area that is feeling the itch, you're more than welcome to roll up there with us if you want. My philosophy is "the more, the merrier".
Did you guys make it up there last weekend? I was working all weekend I was just wanting to make sure somebody was having a good time. I've never been to mark twain so any info would be apreciated. Hopefully work will slow down so I can make it out soon.

00 Xj, RE 4.5, Arb copy bull bar, Conferr Rack, cobra 19.
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #53
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARXJ View Post
Did you guys make it up there last weekend? I was working all weekend I was just wanting to make sure somebody was having a good time. I've never been to mark twain so any info would be apreciated. Hopefully work will slow down so I can make it out soon.
Nope.
My sister and some friends went to Little Rock to watch a friend's play and I was going to work on the boat. In the end, it ALL fell through. Plus we all figured, with Eureka Springs Jeep Weekend the next weekend, we'd get our kicks then.
If you don't know what happened there, weather caused it to be postponed.
Unread 05-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #54
ARXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Fisch View Post
Nope.
My sister and some friends went to Little Rock to watch a friend's play and I was going to work on the boat. In the end, it ALL fell through. Plus we all figured, with Eureka Springs Jeep Weekend the next weekend, we'd get our kicks then.
If you don't know what happened there, weather caused it to be postponed.

Any word on when the eureka things being postponed to?

00 Xj, RE 4.5, Arb copy bull bar, Conferr Rack, cobra 19.
Unread 05-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #55
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey I am originally from White Hall..currently living out in WY though. Ill be home to see some friends and family the 9th-21st if anyone is doing some wheeling up in the Fayetteville area let me know I will def. be down to hit up some of the beautiful Arkansas wilderness.
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #56
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARXJ View Post
Any word on when the eureka things being postponed to?
Not yet. Website still says "to be announced".

afbond, you should keep an eye on that, too, just in case they get it going before you're gone : http://www.jeepweekend.com/
Unread 05-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #57
lovinglife
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Harrison every other weekend and Bentonville the other two. Would love some info on where to go or someone to let us tag along.
Unread 05-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #58
89arkansasxj
1995 ZJ 

I live in England, just south of North Little Rock. I just bought my cherokee to vuild up to play at the Superlift park, but I burned the motor up this weekend while out storm spotting. anyone have a spare 4.0 laying around they want to part with?
Unread 05-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #59
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinglife View Post
I'm in Harrison every other weekend and Bentonville the other two. Would love some info on where to go or someone to let us tag along.
You have Byrd's Off-road Adventure park in Cass, AR, about 1 1/2 hrs from B-ville. Not a TON of info on the website, but call 'em up and ask anything you wanna know. : http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/index.htm

Then there's D-Day up in Wyandotte, OK, also about 1 1/2-2 hrs from B-ville. It's primarily a paintball park, but some decent off-roading. Call before you ever go, to make sure they're open (schedule should say "open [something]" : http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/

Both those are pay-to-play parks.

A little closer and a cheaper (try FREE), is right out side (south of) Mark Twain National Forest.
No website for it, but see here : http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/mark...tion=cassville. It's around the purple area on the left...it may actually be technically Roaring River Park. It IS a legal off-road area, or atleast, the part we go to is.
It's right at an hour from B-ville.
To find the map, just go to Google Maps and search for "NF-197/NF-2275 @36.527310, -93.823740"(copy/paste for ease). You can choose "get directions" and pick your starting point if you need.

There is a sign at NF-1045 that has ATV rules/regs (that's how you know you're there, if you don't see the NF-1045 sign right away). Once you get on NF-1045, you just follow it in. There is a point where you can branch off to the right...I think it's labeled 1045-A or B. Basically, the trail system in there is a big web and there are only two ways in/out. If you follow 1045 straight all the way in, you'll probably come out at 1045-A/B. Just remember to take a left, if that's the case, to get you back out to NF-2275.

This is the one we frequent more often than not, just because it's closest (only about 1/2 hr from Pea Ridge). Next time we decide to make a day of it, I'll send you a PM, just in case you're in town. The more rigs, the more fun!

Last edited by Big_Fisch; 05-13-2008 at 05:05 PM..
Unread 05-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #60
godfather1138

Fayetteville here, but I have not picked my ride up yet. Looking at a buddy's CJ7. I'll be looking for some guys to wheel with when I get it though.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.