Arkansas people? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Arkansas people?

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 01-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #151
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Wasn't to bad for me. Lost power for 2 days but my gf had power almost the entire time. Maybe 8 hours without it. It is still a mess though. I'm down to wheel sometime soon too.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
Unread 01-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #152
DuRubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayZ View Post
I'll be back home in a week, I can't wait. How was the ice up there?
At first it was pretty bad and it would only get worst as more people drove on it, it wojld melt during the day and refreeze at night but now it is pretty much gone(which is good). Hey man let me know when you get back we'll have to hit up some trails.
Unread 02-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #153
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Central AR guys. Where can I go that knows Jeeps and can set toe/caster/alignment, ect...? I would DIY but I have none of my tools here they are all in fay-town, AR where I use to live in storage at brothers house.
Any tire place that can sipe tires? Correctly I should say. lol
Lastly, any dealerships you guys use that are good about covering warranty? My front windshield brackets that allow the windshield to pivot down are showing slight signs of rust.

Also, who does lug centric balancing? Only places I know of are all hub centric.
Unread 02-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #154
KrayZ
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Wasn't to bad for me. Lost power for 2 days but my gf had power almost the entire time. Maybe 8 hours without it. It is still a mess though. I'm down to wheel sometime soon too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuRubi View Post
At first it was pretty bad and it would only get worst as more people drove on it, it wojld melt during the day and refreeze at night but now it is pretty much gone(which is good). Hey man let me know when you get back we'll have to hit up some trails.
Glad to hear that most people took it well. I am looking forward to hitting whatever trails I can find when I get back. Most of my friends back there have something to play on the trail in so we should have a descent group.
Unread 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #155
DuRubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Glad to hear that most people took it well. I am looking forward to hitting whatever trails I can find when I get back. Most of my friends back there have something to play on the trail in so we should have a descent group.
Ya i lived in chicago for 10 years so its nothin new to me, but you name the time and the place and i'll be there. Now i don't of anywhere to trail so i'll leave that one up to you.
Unread 02-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #156
KrayZ
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuRubi View Post
Ya i lived in chicago for 10 years so its nothin new to me, but you name the time and the place and i'll be there. Now i don't of anywhere to trail so i'll leave that one up to you.
Northwest Arkansas is pretty busy these days it seems that every place one used to be able to play about on the four wheeler or in their truck has a subdivision on it now. But there are some really neat "service" roads that lace back behind bella vista that go onto sulphur springs, hiwasse, and the like. Some run all the way into missouri. But I was thinking a trip to disney would be neat, I have never been. I'm not a hardcore wheeler, I just like being out off the beaten path.
Unread 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #157
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Byrd's Offroad Park in Cass, AR is another opinion. But I have never been to Disney either and would like to go there.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 02-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #158
DuRubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been to disney and that place is wicked no i've only played around in the rock areas have never been to the trails but disen is a cool place its free, abput an hour 15 to get there,and never closes.
Unread 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #159
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Well I am definitely down to go whenever. Just shot me a pm when yall decide to head out and if I'm free, I would tag along.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 02-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #160
DuRubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Well I am definitely down to go whenever. Just shot me a pm when yall decide to head out and if I'm free, I would tag along.
Most definitely.
Unread 02-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #161
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Son of a *****. So clearly as I've posted 3 times in this thread asking where in Central Arkansas can one go to get tires balanced "LUG" centrically and noone responded my assumption is now that I will have to travel to find a place that does it. (And believe me, I called around locally and not even the Jeep dealerships have a lug centric balancer)
So my new question is where in Arkansas can I get my tires lug centric balanced?
Unread 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #162
KrayZ
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Son of a *****. So clearly as I've posted 3 times in this thread asking where in Central Arkansas can one go to get tires balanced "LUG" centrically and noone responded my assumption is now that I will have to travel to find a place that does it. (And believe me, I called around locally and not even the Jeep dealerships have a lug centric balancer)
So my new question is where in Arkansas can I get my tires lug centric balanced?
Lol, not ignoring you. I just have no knowledge of central Arkansas. Hope you find what you need soon.

On a second note.... you say lug centric balancer? I thought most cars are lug centric? I sure haven't seen that many hub-centric ones. Of course maybe I am not paying attention.

On a third note.... my cragars do not appear to be hub-centric, I say that because the center hole in my wheels does not fit snug against any hub on my wheel. I had them balanced at walmart and they ride smooth as silk even at 75. Also, while there I requested that he do the weights on the inside of the wheel to keep the exterior of my wheels looking sharp, the guy said no problem and they have worked well.
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #163
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lol, not ignoring you. I just have no knowledge of central Arkansas. Hope you find what you need soon.

On a second note.... you say lug centric balancer? I thought most cars are lug centric? I sure haven't seen that many hub-centric ones. Of course maybe I am not paying attention.

On a third note.... my cragars do not appear to be hub-centric, I say that because the center hole in my wheels does not fit snug against any hub on my wheel. I had them balanced at walmart and they ride smooth as silk even at 75. Also, while there I requested that he do the weights on the inside of the wheel to keep the exterior of my wheels looking sharp, the guy said no problem and they have worked well.
huh... I always thought that no matter what rim you have they should balance off the type of hubs you have.?

But, yea it seems all the central arkansas guys didn't see my posts so I figured I'd post to all in AR. lol
Unread 02-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #164
KrayZ
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
huh... I always thought that no matter what rim you have they should balance off the type of hubs you have.?

But, yea it seems all the central arkansas guys didn't see my posts so I figured I'd post to all in AR. lol
What rims do you have? Like I said, I don't have hub-centric rims, I'll post a picture if it will help tomorrow.
Unread 02-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #165
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What rims do you have? Like I said, I don't have hub-centric rims, I'll post a picture if it will help tomorrow.
I have Ions. Check my profile drop down menu. I went to sears and they said we balance based off the type of rim not the type of axle you have.

I thought this place is crazy. I could have sworn you only balance Jeep TJ's on a lug centric balancer not a hub centric no matter what kinda wheel you have.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.