Any Wrangler rentals through mainstream agencies near Durango? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Any Wrangler rentals through mainstream agencies near Durango?

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
keithert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any Wrangler rentals through mainstream agencies near Durango?

I'd like to rent a Wrangler in Durango Colorado. All I've found so far are specialty outfits that rent them for 1 day increments and are very expensive compared to a regular SUV rental through a mainstream rental agency. Does anyone know of a rental agency like Hertz, Alamo, Enterprise, etc that rents Wrangler in the area?

Unread 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
rouxbicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There are five (I think) mainstream rental outfits at the Durango airport (DRO). Budget's website indicates Wranglers for rent...but...

You should definitely call the actual Budget counter at DRO; don't rely on the website or the nationwide 1-800 number. We were out there with our Jeep a couple of years ago, and some friends with us had reserved a Wrangler from Budget using either the website or the 1-800 number. When we all showed up at the counter to pick up their rental Jeep, the Budget person said "we haven't had a Jeep here in months. Sorry..." They would have been happy to rent them a AWD Explorer or similar, telling them that it would in fact be an upgrade.

I would definitely talk to someone at the counter. You might try the others there also. They could possibly have a Wrangler or two even if their websites don't indicate it. The five agencies there are Budget, Hertz, Avis, National, and Dollar.

My family and I fly into DRO every winter to visit family and go skiing, so I just happen to have these numbers handy:

Budget 970-259-1841
Avis 970-375-7831
National 970-259-0068
Hertz 970-247-5288
Enterprise 970-385-8648

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.