York, PA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > York, PA

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
bwfairchild
1994 YJ Wrangler 

York, PA

i know theres a lot of jeeps in the york pa area and im wondering how many are on this site, and if they have good wheeling spots in the area other then Gut Road!!!!!!! because york pa is the capital of mall crawling.

Unread 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Im about 15-20 from you in Hereford, MD. Exit 27 off 83. I have a little bit of property with a couple trails that we ride on. Ill be back in MD in a few weeks, Ill send you a pm. Im thinking about getting a Jeepforum Rausch run together sometime in spring.
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 03-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Blacksahara1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm from the York area. I've never been on Gut road.....is that the one along the river? I know of trails road in Delta, but have never been.....signs posted for local traffic only, but not sure how that's enforced since it's technically a public road. I know ya have to stay outta the creek, otherwise the locals will call the cops. Suppose to be some good size rocks, but it's a far drive for just messing around for 30min, although I'd probably be up for it if I knew of a group wanting to run it.

I wheel with a few others from the area. Most of us run 33's to 35's and hit the black trails at Rausch. We also hit a few Big Dogs events every year. Going to Icebreakers in April, then hopefully the Main Jambo. Only about a 2.5hr drive from York. We usually do two or three days camping depending on the event. It's near Gore, VA.

mg2000xj, that's pretty cool you have private land to wheel on.......I'm jealous! Haha!
Unread 03-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
Kip03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm up in Harrisburg about 30 mins from York. Keep me informed.
2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara edition fully loaded 5 speed manual. Brown dog 1" motor mounts, Currie 1" body lift, jks front disconnects, 31" Goodyear Wrangler duratracs, 8 adjustable control arms, Advance Adapters HD SYE, Tom woods premium driveshaft, driver & passenger heated seats
Unread 03-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksahara1 View Post
I'm from the York area. I've never been on Gut road.....is that the one along the river? I know of trails road in Delta, but have never been.....signs posted for local traffic only, but not sure how that's enforced since it's technically a public road. I know ya have to stay outta the creek, otherwise the locals will call the cops. Suppose to be some good size rocks, but it's a far drive for just messing around for 30min, although I'd probably be up for it if I knew of a group wanting to run it.

I wheel with a few others from the area. Most of us run 33's to 35's and hit the black trails at Rausch. We also hit a few Big Dogs events every year. Going to Icebreakers in April, then hopefully the Main Jambo. Only about a 2.5hr drive from York. We usually do two or three days camping depending on the event. It's near Gore, VA.

mg2000xj, that's pretty cool you have private land to wheel on.......I'm jealous! Haha!
Blacksahara, I have been to the spot in Delta a few times, its a lot of fun. Ill probably head up there when I get back from school. We have had one guy that lived back there get in our faces and take pics of my buddies license plates but we spoke to another guy back there that said it was fine. Technically it is a public road so you can go back there but stay on the trails and out of the water. We went in the water once but then saw the sign that said it will be closed off if you drive in the water. Ill pm you when we are heading there again
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
york_2008
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I've seen quite a few trails along 83 but not sure which exit leads to them. They are somewhere between route 30 and mount rose exit. Anyone have an idea?
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
Beerlover
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in Carlisle. '93 YJ currently in the garage getting a 4" RC lift and 33/12.50's installed. I'd love to go to Rausch Creek sometime since I don't know anyone and you have to have at least 2 rigs to get in...
Unread 04-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
oteps
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerlover View Post
I'm in Carlisle. '93 YJ currently in the garage getting a 4" RC lift and 33/12.50's installed. I'd love to go to Rausch Creek sometime since I don't know anyone and you have to have at least 2 rigs to get in...
I am only 5 miles down rt 34 in Mt. Holly Springs. My jeep is in pieces all over the garage right now but I plan to have it running next week. If I get it together I would like to go to RC soon. I am planning on entering the competition in may depending on my heep.
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
91yjwrangler6
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Trails road is like my second home. Used to go down there almost every weekend. If the little crackhead comes out with his dog and gun, just don't worry about it. He came down with it plenty of times to yell at us but he's never pulled to trigger yet. And the cops never show up either, the people call them but they never come. it's a public road and it's on every map so just go have fun. just be respectful and pick up your trash
91 yj, 4.0, AX15, SOA, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 2.5 inch springs front, m.o.r.e shackle reversal, m.o.r.e shock hoops, 3 inch springs in rear, bilstein 5150's, shock bar, m.o.r.e traction bar, lockers, m.o.r.e high steer, SYE, old school bronco cv shaft, tube fenders, 36 inch tsl's
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:12 AM   #10
FC2TurboMSS
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm in York, work at PPL Brunner Island and I've been to trail road, but heeded the "private road" sign and didn't drive on it. If its a public road, there's nothing anyone can do. As far as gut road is concerned, as long as you make the right turn into Saganaw, you can drive on that. There's no fun in it of course. But if you go straight into the ruts, 1. don't get caught and 2. don't get stuck. The first thing the tow trucks do is call the cops when they have to pull you out. The locals have been known to report liscence plates too. Outside of those two places, I haven't found any other wheeling spots in our immediate area. If anyone knows of any other public/legal trails, I'd be up for a ride some day.
"The World was large, now it is small. It was lonely, now it is crowded. It was dark, now the lights are on. Some day the old will be new again. Keep your guns close but your sword closer. For one day Man will again fear the dark of the World."
--The Zombie Prophet
Unread 04-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
CAVDane1022

So York people lets see some pics of everyones rides. [pic]http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu137/CAVDane/BLACKSATIN.jpg
Unread 04-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
floridajeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

click free
blacksatin.jpg  
Unread 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
FirefightinWJ
2004 WJ 

I'm in Harrisburg also. Been here a year since graduating college. Just bought a house in Colonial Park.

Right now my WJ is basically a street queen other than a few minor mods. I'll be buying a car next spring (probably 04 Mustang Mach1 or GT) and then I'll be able to start modding the jeep more.
32" BFG M/Ts on JK 17's

-Devin

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.