Wrench Fest - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Wrench Fest

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-03-2006, 08:21 AM   #76
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Crawler
I would love to hook up all four of my fog lights. I see a switch inside that probably is for it...but none of them work.

What would I need to purchase so I can get them up and running?

Thanks

Without looking at it, I'd say to do it right you'd probably want:

a 25' spool of maybe 12-ish guage wire to power the lights
a shorter length (5-10') of 12-14-is guage wire to power the relay
a generic fog light relay
a pack of butt connectors
a pack of spade connectors
a pack of good piggy-back connectors (I forget what these are really called)
a variety pack of ring connectors (with a couple large enough to put on a battery terminal bolt)
a pack of heat shrink
a new switch in case yours is toast
2 inline fuse holders, 1 for the relay and 1 for the lights (or you could just get one and hope that whatever you rob power from for the relay is sufficiently fused)

You could just run a single power feed through a heavy switch like most people do, but IMO the relay route is much better. You can also solder most of your connections.

Unread 10-03-2006, 08:52 AM   #77
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Scott, what 's the earliest you want people showing up? My advice to everyone is GET STARTED AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Things always seem to take longer than expected.

Also, go through whatever parts you're bringing and be SURE you have all the nuts and bolts etc. that are supposed to be included. If odd tools are required for the instlall make sure that you or someone else in our group has those as well (ask Nick to tell you about the drill-bit nightmare). There is nothing worse than having your rig in pieces only to find out that you can't get it back together again.

This just happened to Sven and I over the weekend. We were installing his Spidertrax wheel spacers, got the fronts done, moved to the rear, had it jacked up with the wheels off only to find that 6 of the lugs included with the spacers were the wrong threads for the studs. NOT GOOD. Now he's gotta ride around with the front spaced out and the rear in stock form until the end of the week.

LOOK OVER YOUR PARTS CAREFULLY.

Things of this nature have happend to me as well on more than one occasion. It's better to find out that you are missing nuts or bolts NOW and make a run to the hardware store before saturday rolls around .
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #78
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I just ordered OMEs and a steering skid so I'll have something to work on saturday. Time to start hosing down my bolt heads with pb blaster.

Anyone have any 1/2 - 3/4 coil spring spacers laying around?
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #79
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaho
Ok, I just ordered OMEs...
BLACK or YELLOW ??????
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #80
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe
BLACK or YELLOW ??????

qtec - no blacks. I'm crying inside.
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #81
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
qtec - no blacks. I'm crying inside.
Yellow, boooooooo .

Cancel and order 'em from OK4WD!:

http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catal...sorbers_black/
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #82
BigJeepJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Crawler
Yes, I meant body...
No biggie...these are the ones you got right

You'll love them, I put on a set in the early summer to help my wife with a more stable step when getting in the Jeep and also for a little better pivot than the standard knockers.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #83
XTC Jpr13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

how early do you guys wanna get up and get here? i cna be up and ready at any time, i would say *:00 should be early enough, just let me know so i know when to be ready and in the garage!
Unread 10-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #84
jipjip

my rockcrusher covers came in today , now i just have to paint them, and get them ready for saturday. can't wait to get these bad boys on. they weigh 11 pounds a piece
95 yj sahara green w/ spice hard and soft top, bikini top,full steel doors, and 2 piece bestop soft doors,tnt customs front tube fenders w/ 6" flare,warn gas tank skid, skidrow oil pan skid,4.0HO,rear 31 spline 8.8 w/ disc brakes,4.10's and lsd,front HP d30 w/ 4.10's and aussie front locker,ax15,np231j w/ jb conversions ss sye, tom woods custom cv d/s,RE 4.5xd,35" toyo open country m/t's, 1" daystar body lift, warn 9.5ti
Unread 10-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #85
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I don't think we'll be dissapointed with these covers. The abuse I saw them take on the rigs at uroc this weekend was like .
Unread 10-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #86
jipjip

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think we'll be dissapointed with these covers. The abuse I saw them take on the rigs at uroc this weekend was like .
i know.... i picked up the boxes at first, and didn't realize they were gonna be so heavy. when i opened them, a HUGE grin appeared on my face!!!
these things are the bees knees!!!! i can't wait to get them on, and not worry about peeling covers anymore
95 yj sahara green w/ spice hard and soft top, bikini top,full steel doors, and 2 piece bestop soft doors,tnt customs front tube fenders w/ 6" flare,warn gas tank skid, skidrow oil pan skid,4.0HO,rear 31 spline 8.8 w/ disc brakes,4.10's and lsd,front HP d30 w/ 4.10's and aussie front locker,ax15,np231j w/ jb conversions ss sye, tom woods custom cv d/s,RE 4.5xd,35" toyo open country m/t's, 1" daystar body lift, warn 9.5ti
Unread 10-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #87
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep... they're definately beefy. I still like the Crane covers better, but I doubt I'll have any problems with my Rockcrushers. I better not... considering I paid >$100ea for mine

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 10-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #88
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipjip
i know.... i picked up the boxes at first, and didn't realize they were gonna be so heavy. when i opened them, a HUGE grin appeared on my face!!!
these things are the bees knees!!!! i can't wait to get them on, and not worry about peeling covers anymore
Does the 8.8 cover have the little notches cut out of the bottom? Do you know what I'm talkin about?
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #89
jipjip

Quote:
Does the 8.8 cover have the little notches cut out of the bottom? Do you know what I'm talkin about?
notches for what??
all i know is, it's BIG .
Unread 10-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #90
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipjip
notches for what??
all i know is, it's BIG .
Along the bottom of the housing there are those two u-shaped notches/channels. I wanted to make sure the cover didn't hang down into them so a rock could grab the lip of the cover.

I'll look for a pic..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.