Wrench Fest - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Wrench Fest

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
XTC Jpr13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wrench Fest

OK, so how many guys are interested in this?

I would be willing to whore out my 2 bay garage and lots of parking space to host the extravaganza. we need to pick a date and decide if my place is a good central location or not. for those interested my zip is 18301 that way you can decide the distance. if you wanna do this, post up when would be a good day for you and what you would be looking to get done. we can then choose a date and figure out which projects can actually get accomplished!

Unread 09-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in... I just need to do some simple stuff. Most of which I can do on my own with my own tools, but I'm sure it would probably be more fun with the rest of the guys.

My list includes:

Install new rear-disc brake pads
Swap out my RE TT shocks for the new *BLACK* OME shocks
Swap out RE steering stablizer for OME
change diff fluids and install PSC Rock Rings

See if I can remove the .5" spacer kit on my Kilby Gas Tank Skid without the check engine light coming on

I know that Matt and Dave have the PSC Rock Rings so any install pointers they may have I'm all ears.
Unread 09-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #3
jipjip

i'm in. i'll come down just to help out, as i don't really have anything to do to my rig right now....
but i'm more than happy to lend a hand, and bring some beer
95 yj sahara green w/ spice hard and soft top, bikini top,full steel doors, and 2 piece bestop soft doors,tnt customs front tube fenders w/ 6" flare,warn gas tank skid, skidrow oil pan skid,4.0HO,rear 31 spline 8.8 w/ disc brakes,4.10's and lsd,front HP d30 w/ 4.10's and aussie front locker,ax15,np231j w/ jb conversions ss sye, tom woods custom cv d/s,RE 4.5xd,35" toyo open country m/t's, 1" daystar body lift, warn 9.5ti
Unread 09-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe
I'm in... I just need to do some simple stuff. Most of which I can do on my own with my own tools, but I'm sure it would probably be more fun with the rest of the guys.

My list includes:

See if I can remove the .5" spacer kit on my Kilby Gas Tank Skid without the check engine light coming on

I know that Matt and Dave have the PSC Rock Rings so any install pointers they may have I'm all ears.
Why are you getting rid of the RE stabilizer?

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 09-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
dhart523

Quote:

My list includes:

Nothing special to putting the rings on. Pretty simple. Plus, with the lift you have, there won't be any problems at all. It was a bit tricky with the stock lift.

I have to put on the auto trans skid to match the TT and a new steering stablizer, but I think I'll be doing that tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have other things for the wrench fest so I'm in.

SIRA 4x4 Club
Old Guy Jeep Club Member [B]#1003[/B]

[b][size="5"][color="DarkRed"]SAVE PARAGON![/color][/size][/b] [b]Visit [url]www.saveparagonap.com[/url] to get more information.[/b]
Unread 09-24-2006, 04:57 AM   #6
XTC Jpr13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

im thinking sat oct 7th. does that sound good for those interested?
Unread 09-24-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhart523
Nothing special to putting the rings on. Pretty simple. Plus, with the lift you have, there won't be any problems at all. It was a bit tricky with the stock lift.

I have to put on the auto trans skid to match the TT and a new steering stablizer, but I think I'll be doing that tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have other things for the wrench fest so I'm in.
Are you gonna bang out those dents in your stock trans pan first?

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:26 AM   #8
jipjip

hey andrew, if you don't want that re stabilizer, i'll take it off your hads
95 yj sahara green w/ spice hard and soft top, bikini top,full steel doors, and 2 piece bestop soft doors,tnt customs front tube fenders w/ 6" flare,warn gas tank skid, skidrow oil pan skid,4.0HO,rear 31 spline 8.8 w/ disc brakes,4.10's and lsd,front HP d30 w/ 4.10's and aussie front locker,ax15,np231j w/ jb conversions ss sye, tom woods custom cv d/s,RE 4.5xd,35" toyo open country m/t's, 1" daystar body lift, warn 9.5ti
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:42 AM   #9
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll come over and drink Andys beer.

Actually I have some fab work on my TT I might be able to finish up there. I just need to get all the pre- torching and welding out of the way.

I dunno if I'll have much else to do, two weeks doesn't give me a whole lot of time.
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #10
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What are you doing with your old ones? I need some in the rear with a shorter body than my DTs, like for a 2-3 inch lift.
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:46 AM   #11
BeachinXJ
Resident McGeek

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Man I wish I could go, but I think driving that far and back, then coming up again 2 weeks later for RC... might get to be a little expensive..
Join the XJ Owners Club | Download the iMarn® iPhone App!
SIRA 4x4 Offroad Association
Rule #1 - No talking about the weather!
Homepage | Jeepspace Group|Twitter!|Facebook
Unread 09-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #12
dhart523

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
Yeah. Not today though. I was up til 4:30 am. I'm just going to do the steering then hang out with the kids and watch some football.
I'll be away on the 7th, so looks like I'm out for the wrench fest

SIRA 4x4 Club

[b][size="5"][color="DarkRed"]SAVE PARAGON![/color][/size][/b] [b]Visit [url]www.saveparagonap.com[/url] to get more information.[/b]
Unread 09-24-2006, 07:51 PM   #13
dhart523

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
Hey Nick, I was under the Jeep today and I guess I hit the auto trans pan pretty good. The seals are leaking all along the top of the pan. Do you think it would be better to just replace the pan with a new seal? Also, I don't see any drain plug under there. Does this mean I'm going to make a mess in my driveway when I drop that pan? Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Dave

SIRA 4x4 Club

Unread 09-24-2006, 08:01 PM   #14
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhart523
Hey Nick, I was under the Jeep today and I guess I hit the auto trans pan pretty good. The seals are leaking all along the top of the pan. Do you think it would be better to just replace the pan with a new seal? Also, I don't see any drain plug under there. Does this mean I'm going to make a mess in my driveway when I drop that pan? Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Dave
mmm don't drop that pan unless you want transmission fluid EVERYWHERE and no way to get your rig to the dealer. You should probably just bring it over there, have them install a new pan and fill'er back up with ATF. Good to go.
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #15
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
mmm don't drop that pan unless you want transmission fluid EVERYWHERE and no way to get your rig to the dealer. You should probably just bring it over there, have them install a new pan and fill'er back up with ATF. Good to go.

Yeah unless you're careful that filter change turns into a messy job. There really isn't anything difficult about it though.

The filter was dealer only when I got mine, but only cost about $17. There's no gasket. Use ATF +4. DON'T FORGET THE O-RING FROM THE TUBE OF THE OLD FILTER.

[edit] since there's no gasket and you're leaking around the edge, you could've put a tweak in the mounting surface and should consider getting a new pan. It'll probably be tough to hammer it back into shape and get a good seal.

Tom

[edit] No gasket, but there is RTV.

Last edited by tommaho; 09-25-2006 at 09:15 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.