Will I pass MD Inspection? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Will I pass MD Inspection?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #16
GTEIS300
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloYJ View Post
Check out some of the Crazy Ray's junkyards. The closest one to you would probably be the Mt. Airy location, I was just there a few weeks ago and they definitely have enough Cherokees.

On another note check out MarylandJeepClub.org if you're not already a member there. There are a lot of forum members there that live in Frederick and somebody there might be able to recommend a place that is Jeep friendly. At the very least someone there might have a set of stock tires they could let you borrow in order to pass inspection.

If it were me though I'd get it inspected as it is now and see what they fail you for, I do believe they will reinspect it one time for free in order for you to correct any issues. You might just end up passing without having to do anything to the Jeep as it stands now.
Thanks! I think thats what I plan on doing. I will definitely join maryland jeep club. I am not a member yet but im about to sing up now. I have been to Crazy Rays before. That is a good idea.

GTEIS300 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeup, only problem you may have is the tires sticking out. If you have a buddy with a stock jeep, borrow his wheels /tires for a day ahha
Unread 02-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
GTEIS300
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Yeup, only problem you may have is the tires sticking out. If you have a buddy with a stock jeep, borrow his wheels /tires for a day ahha
Yea. I totally forgot one of my friend has a jeep and bought new wheels. The owner got back to me and said he does have flares though, so I should be in the clear.
Unread 02-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #19
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewdude007 View Post
Sorry to thread hijack, but does anybody know where I can find the inspection requirements for MD? I will be moving there later this year and would like to know what I'm in for.
Here's the COMAR reg's:

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/get...1.14.02.01.htm

In the 'file' code, change the fourth series of numbers ".01" in increasing amounts to see each section specifically, i.e. 11.14.02.01 to 11.14.02.03 to see the reg's on 'brakes' for inspection . . .
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #20
GTEIS300
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBDEEP View Post
The post is now archived, but still has the active links:

Md Inspection Requirements
hum. None of the links work for me
Unread 02-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #21
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If I was you I would go and get it inspected to see what they say. I went thought I would need a lot and only needed a few small things, I actually passed inspections and got pulled over later on and had stuff I never touched be "illegal." So you never really know.
Unread 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #22
Mickey-D
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEIS300 View Post
Any ideas where I could pick up some cheap flares?
Well I don't live in MD anymore but I would start with the junk yard. Who cares if they look good, they just need to pass inspection.
Mickey-D is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #23
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEIS300 View Post
hum. None of the links work for me
Edited 1 minute after you posted
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.