Who Refills CO2 Tanks in Southern New York - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Who Refills CO2 Tanks in Southern New York

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Mowmer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Who Refills CO2 Tanks in Southern New York

Need a place to refill my 14 lb powertank CO2 tank. Place I used no longer does it. Was thinking about trying a paintball store, I know they refill the small paintball tanks. I'm not far from Conn. or Mass. either.

"Whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." -Lysander Spooner
Unread 02-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I take mine to the local fire safety place. It's $20 to fill a 10 lb bottle. The fill on site. Thanks for reminding me, need to refill it next week.

I had trouble getting welding shops to fill it because it was my tank and not one of their exchange tanks. They don't actually fill the bottles, they just have the gas co. come to the shop and swap the empties for fulls. I didn't like that idea. You'll get a bottle back but there's no telling if it'll actually be yours!

"southern NY" covers a lot of land. Where are you located?
Unread 02-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #3
Mowmer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The place I used to take it was a fire fighter equipment store, but now they use a gas company that swaps out old bottles. I'm about 60 miles north of NYC. I'm not that far from northern NJ. Where is the place you go located?
"Whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." -Lysander Spooner
Unread 02-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Thumperyz250f
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Try hitting up a Dicks Sporting goods as your last resort. They fill paintball bottles, or at least did back in the day when I played.
-8.8 Lock-Right, HP30 Open, 4.56-
-35x12.5 KM2's, MT Spe. Edi. black-
-Superwinch LP8500, BTF Grill Hoop-
Unread 02-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowmer View Post
The place I used to take it was a fire fighter equipment store, but now they use a gas company that swaps out old bottles. I'm about 60 miles north of NYC. I'm not that far from northern NJ. Where is the place you go located?
It's in Park Ridge (other side of the border from Pearl River)

http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...c.201-391-3290

I drop mine off and usually pick it up next day.
Unread 02-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
shaunraney
2009 JK Wrangler 

state line are good guys.

You can also try E-jam in paramus. Paintball store.
Unread 02-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Shaun? Are you the guy I used to work with at MBUSA? This is Chris D.

Is that the one on Rt 4 west before Paramus Road, or am I thinking that's where ABC moved to?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.