Wheeling spot near York, PA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Wheeling spot near York, PA

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling spot near York, PA

A buddy of mine showed me a spot to wheel near the Susq. River...near the town of Saginaw. Pretty sweet place with plenty of mud holes and such. Took my TJ there with the doors off and top down and got some good mud. Its legal because people can fish right near it and farther up the trail you can wade through the river. I had fun and lost my tail pipe haha.

Unread 07-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

I've been down there once. Really fun spot for some mild wheeling. The spot I was at was to the right of the parking lot as you go under the bridge. Yours?

Brandon
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i went down that side but i went left and went through the side areas that had ruts. A lifted Cherokee with swampers couldn't make it up the one side of the mud hole once u go right and down the trail a bit. Fun to watch though.
Unread 07-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
klincker
2013 JK Wrangler 

which bridge are you talking about? I go to York Coll. and drive rt 30 all the time. ill have to check it out when i get back in september!
Unread 10-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
pyrothugg
2001 XJ Cherokee 

its called gut road and unfortunately the legality of wheeling there is very questionable i know this because ive been the lovely owner of a fine as i was helping pull someone out that was stuck. its only legal to be on the road itself not the trails offshooting from it except for the boat drop and turnaround at the very end usualy the locals or pretty leaniant about it but there are a select few pricks that will fine you so beware. i found it out the hard way
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I know...my buddy got nailed with a $500 fine but was an idiot for getting stuck with no one else around to help him out. I'v been down the dirt road to the right, after the bridge and it leads to a nice area that I always go to...right near the big mud pit.
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.