JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   North East USA (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/)
-   -   Western Pa Family / easy trails? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/western-pa-family-easy-trails-952076/)

jkoch8819 01-19-2010 11:04 AM

Western Pa Family / easy trails?

I just got back into offroading, and I want to take my family on some fun easy trails 1st to get used to it. and so the kids could have fun being in the woods.. But I have no idea where any trails are anymore... I Used to go to Allegheny National Forest and they had a few logging trails, but I cant remember where they are at and if even still open... I know of 6 points, but you either have to have a large group or wait for an event.. I would love to be able just to head out on the weekend hit some trails and let the kids start to learn about Tread Lightly... :confused::confused:

cj7guy 01-19-2010 01:07 PM

try Heritage Region Jeep Alliance

jkoch8819 01-19-2010 06:44 PM

I looked into them, but it is Jeep only, I know so what is the problem... Well my best friend Drives a truck and want to ride with him also..

MWilcox 01-19-2010 07:25 PM

Where in PA are you? Our club has rides around the PA Ohio border, you are welcome to jump in with us. It's a family friendly group, some run hard trails, some run easy. Send me a PM if you are interested.

-Mike

fun 01-21-2010 09:07 PM

I live in Dubois PA and there are plenty of family friendly trails in the area. If you get off I 80 at the Penfield exit and take 153 towards Penfield you will come to SB Elliott and Parker Dam State Parks. Enter either of them and you will find lots of fire roads to follow up into the Allegany National Forest and the Black Moshannon. You can folow those trails up into Elk and Cameron counties.

We pack a lunch and take the kids up there all of the time. Lot's of wildlife to see including the elk herds near Bennezette. :2thumbsup:

jkoch8819 01-22-2010 08:47 AM

Perfect!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun (Post 8738655)
I live in Dubois PA and there are plenty of family friendly trails in the area. If you get off I 80 at the Penfield exit and take 153 towards Penfield you will come to SB Elliott and Parker Dam State Parks. Enter either of them and you will find lots of fire roads to follow up into the Allegany National Forest and the Black Moshannon. You can folow those trails up into Elk and Cameron counties.

We pack a lunch and take the kids up there all of the time. Lot's of wildlife to see including the elk herds near Bennezette. :2thumbsup:

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Now if I only did not blow my motor 2 days ago.. But I plan on getting the new motor installed in less then a month... So I will be ready... If you ever need anything or a second rig to follow just in case, my family and I would be more then happy... Again Thank you!!!!!

fun 01-23-2010 09:03 AM

Let me know when you are back up and running. We trail ride at least once a month in the winter and practicly every weekend the rest of the time.

MWilcox 01-23-2010 09:06 PM

That's a very nice area to see. We take the snowmobiles out there and ride, very scenic. I may try and get together with you guy's this spring and tool around with the jeeps, I've never been there without the snow.

-Mike

1398653 01-24-2010 07:43 AM

I dont know how close to Erie PA you are but I am a member of Erie Jeep People and we have almost monthly trails rides and plenty of guys and gals bring the family along. There are also alot of social events if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Erie Jeep People Forums

JDGreen04TJ 01-26-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1398653 (Post 8752314)
I dont know how close to Erie PA you are but I am a member of Erie Jeep People and we have almost monthly trails rides and plenty of guys and gals bring the family along. There are also alot of social events if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Erie Jeep People Forums

also try pgh-offroad.com

jkoch8819 01-30-2010 06:03 PM

Well I got my new lift for the Jeep... It is important for my new Blue Print Crate Chevy SB 355 right? I pick that up tomorrow, :-) should be back on the road in two weeks.... In the meantime I will keep you posted

XJelvis 02-03-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun (Post 8738655)

I live around there! Great place to be outdoors :cheers2:

I used to mountain bike on a lot of those roads. I plan to do some more exploring on them with my Jeep this year :)

jkoch8819 02-03-2010 03:34 PM

As soon as my Jeep gets put back together, maybe in a week or two I am heading up that way, I will keep you all posted maybe we can meet up for a little winter trail ride!!!!

fun 02-06-2010 07:55 AM

Sounds like a plan! :2thumbsup:

The time now is 09:07 PM.