Western Mass. food drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Western Mass. food drive

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Western Mass. food drive

Hey folks, theres a benefiet run going on in the Berkshires of western Mass Nov. 7th,,,,,,,heres the info......im trying to get any local jeepers to go, family orientated is cool...or anyone, i will be doing the easy run since ill have my wife and 2 year old with me, im heading from CT. and would like some fellow jeepers to convoy with......and its for a good cause too !
Mark your calendars for the FOOD DRIVE in North Adams.

EC4WDA Four Wheel Food Drive, Saturday November 7th.
Meeting place: National Guard Armory, Ashland St, North Adams, Ma
Meeting time is 9am, departing to the trails by 11am.

On Saturday, November 7th, 2009, the Berkshire4Wheelers and East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association, Northeast Region, will be holding their annual Four Wheel Food Drive food collection and off-road trail ride to benefit the Northern Berkshire Community Action Coalition food pantry. Attendees will donate non-perishable food items in the morning and then head out into the Berkshire hills for guided trail rides.. Coffee and donuts will be provided as well and a 50/50 raffle
Supermarket gift cards for Big Y and Stop & Shop will be accepted as well.

Please be ready for technical/equipment inspections. Nothing beyond the basics required on any organized trail ride. Take a look at your straps and recovery points BEFORE you show up with defective sub-par equipment please.
There will be different levels of trail difficulty available for all comers, however our emphasis is on attendance and giving. Be reasonable about how difficult your rig can handle. As you arrive you will be parked with a group for EASY, MODERATE or DIFFICULT… not by what trail you feel like doing. I expect 40+ rigs and 100+ people to attend. So the more cooperation we get the better it will come off..
Please make a point to attend, or give a donation to your buddy who is going.
This is one staple event that keeps us in a good relationship with the towns up there and we kick-*** every year.. lets make it another great season-closer!!

rubiwannabe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #2
Ronron2112

any more info as far as signup date, or can i just show up? I'm deffinetly looking to attend.
PROJECT RIG: 1996 XJ 2 Door. 4.0/AX15/np231/8.25/d30. 6-7" Mix and Match RE/TNT Long Arm Lift, ACOS Spacers. JCR Bumpers, Steering, Sliders. ZJ Rear Discs and 4.11's. Aussies Front and Rear. IN PROGRESS...
DAILY DRIVER: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. HEMI
SOLD:2001 Dakota 4.7, 2005 SRT4, 2000 XJ, 2004 Blazer ZR2
Ronron2112 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

just show up....
Unread 10-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiwannabe View Post
just show up....
but with some non-perishable food items or some Stop & Shop or Big Y gift cards.

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Andy-WhiteTJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you going Andy?
Unread 10-31-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes. I'll be there. Representing HV4W. There'll be some of us.

Do I know you?

Andy

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Andy-WhiteTJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2009, 04:27 AM   #7
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nope......
Unread 11-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
BNL TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiwannabe View Post
i will be doing the easy run since ill have my wife and 2 year old with me
Then 'The Hill' will be the perfect trail for you
BNL TJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNL TJ View Post
Then 'The Hill' will be the perfect trail for you
Why's that Dan ?
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
BNL TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just joking. The Hill is one of the more difficult trails.
BNL TJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
20flhtcui
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If I do attend what do i need for recovery???? I have stock tow hooks on front and 2" rec. on back and a few tow straps and high lift jack. should that be enough????
20flhtcui is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #12
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, you should be fine, last year, same group, there were bone stock jeeps w/ almost bald tires
Unread 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
JeepDVL45

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm stuck working the lunch shift Saturday

You guys should hit Pittsfield Brew Works (about an hour south of North Adams)for lunch or dinner after the ride! (if you're still in the giving mood) We donate a lot of $ to charity/the Berkshire Humane Society, buy as much produce as possible from local farms and try to keep the restaraunt as 'green' as possible (save food scraps for compost, donate our spent grains to Han**** Shaker Village for the live stock, buy recycled paper 'to go containers' etc.) It would be great to get a couple more Jeeps in the parking lot!

EDIT: I got someone to cover the shift for me! I'm taking up a collection at the restaraunt and hopefully I can bring a few bads of stuff!!

"Real men hide their feelings, WHY?!
BECAUSE IT’S NONE OF YOUR ****** BUSINESS!!!!
Men do not cry. Men do not pout. Men jack you in the ******* jaw and say…thanks for comin’ out." - Boondock Saints II

Last edited by JeepDVL45; 11-04-2009 at 08:20 AM..
JeepDVL45 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.