Western Mass--Exit 5 on Mass Pike-TRAILS? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Western Mass--Exit 5 on Mass Pike-TRAILS?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 01-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
Orange_Crush
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Western Mass--Exit 5 on Mass Pike-TRAILS?

This weekend I saw a bunch of lifted jeeps around the Westfield/Amherst area.
Where is everybody wheeling? I spoke with a guy at the liquor store in West Springfield yesterday and he mentioned some logging trails near the Mass/CT border near Great Barrington.

Anybody?

Unread 01-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

You may have better luck in the NorthEast wheelin section: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
ToxicTurtle

Chances are they were from Berkshire 4 Wheelers. They have 600 acres of private land in Westfield. Its only available through their club or via other clubs that are part of East Coast 4WD Assoc.
Check out www.EC4WDA.org and look on the Region D Northeast page. There are about 15 clubs here in New England that are part of EC4WDA and several of those clubs have access to private lands throughout New England... about 5000 acres total.
If you have any questions, my email: E4WBrill@aol.com

Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
Unread 01-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
Orange_Crush
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTurtle
Chances are they were from Berkshire 4 Wheelers. They have 600 acres of private land in Westfield. Its only available through their club or via other clubs that are part of East Coast 4WD Assoc.
Check out www.EC4WDA.org and look on the Region D Northeast page. There are about 15 clubs here in New England that are part of EC4WDA and several of those clubs have access to private lands throughout New England... about 5000 acres total.
If you have any questions, my email: E4WBrill@aol.com

Talk soon,
Thanks a ton. I appreciate it.
Unread 01-18-2008, 06:17 AM   #5
Wifs'98XJSport

I've seen those guys before by the river on rt 20 on the Westfield/Russell line. We do all our off roading in blandford/tolland/granville/otis on the old roads. There are miles and miles of roads, some of which are very difficult. They are technically public roads, just haven't been maintained in 100 years.
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
greencherokee19
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wifs'98XJSport, where in blandford do you wheel im from westfield and i go up there wheeling sometimes.

1995- Yj stock for now, FREE :)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.