UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride

I'm posting this here as folks from this region make the trip down too.

Hey again folks. Guess what?..... IT'S BACK!!! March 12, 13, and 14th.

The United Four Wheel Drive Association Wheel - In is coming back to Oak Ridge Estate, previous site of 6 Camp Jeep Virginia events.

The trail system consists of 17 trails, totalling 42+ miles, with creek crossings, steep hill climbs, and a few rock climbs. There is very little mud (unless it rains, then watch out). The trails are fairly easy with some harder obstacles sprinkled throughout. They can be run stock as there are bypasses at the tougher sections. It's tight for full sized 4WDs though. This is a great opportunity to wheel these trails as Oak Ridge is private property and does not allow open wheeling.

You can follow the link to view the flyer for details, and register also http://www.ufwda.org/. Click on the appropriate links to the upper right or call 1/800-44UFWDA to register too. It costs $120.00 for members of UFWDA, (you'll need your membership number to register either online or by phone to receive your discount) or $160.00 for non members (Part of the difference in price is that you become a member of the UFWDA for 1 year). This covers the vehicle, land use, the driver, a meal ticket for dinner Saturday night, a tshirt, and new this year, on site camping. Additional meal tickets and/or tshirts can be purchased from the "Shop" link on the website or by phone for an additional $15.00 each.

You can stay on top of things by clicking the "Forum" link on the UFWDA main page and going to the General Discussion area for all the latest details.

I'm sure the raffle will be awesome again this year too.

Sign up as soon as possible as there are limited spots and registration closes March 1st if it doesn't fill up before that.

Don't miss the chance to wheel some beautiful trails, not to mention support a great cause.

Hope to see you there. Post up if you're planning on coming.

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....

Last edited by RichardD; 01-09-2009 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: correction
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Have the trails become any more difficult since the Camp Jeep events?
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
Unread 01-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Jason.

No they're pretty much the same, except for a new X trail that's really tough, but I'm not sure that they'll let us run it as we couldn't at the VA4WDA Annual this past year, but did get to use it at the Wheel - In last year, so, who knows.

If you're looking for a tougher degree of wheeling you should go to Crozet, VA, just East of Charlottesville, off Rt. 250. It's usually open to members only but I've been told they're having open wheeling January 18th. $25.00 to wheel. They've hosted VROC events in the past. Here's the link to their club. http://forums.xjsrule.com/ They have trails from medium to wild. I would strongly suggest that you contact someone just to be sure, as the information that I've posted I got secondhand.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 01-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info!

We actually competed at Crozet back in '05 for VROC and in '03 when Mark Smith still 'owned' the property. Chris Packard has done an awesome job with opening up that place for east-coasters...

BTW, are Chris and Carla still involved with Va and UFWDA?

Sorry 'bout the thread hi-jack, but thanks for the info ...
Unread 01-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

No problem Jason, just sounded like Crozet was more along the lines of what you were looking for . We've wheeled there once a couple years ago, and that trip convinced me that I needed more armor (which we HAVE gotten since ).

Chris and Carla are still very active with Tidewater, VA4WDA, UFWDA, and they organize the Trailguides for any event that happens at Oak Ridge too.

Be well,
Richard

Last edited by RichardD; 01-11-2009 at 05:51 PM..
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
Jeepcrew

Crozet , VA January 18th

Jason, you can wheel under open wheeling this Sunday, the 18th at Crozet. Some folks from our group, Lostjeepers will be there. They want to get started at 8:30AM. It costs $30.00 for non members or you can join by paying $25.00 for the year, plus $25.00 for the day. Either way that you choose. Open wheeling isn't posted on their website, but I called Chris and he said it was OK, there will be a Bronco group there, but they said that anyone else that wanted to come was welcome.

Take care.
Unread 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads-up guys!
Unread 01-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

.....and now back to our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.....

Helped hijack my own thread !
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Update

Some folks and their families would prefer not to wheel the entire day, so new this year is the choice to wheel in the morning, afternoon, or all day long. There will be events happening for those that don't choose to wheel all day.

For those of you that are coming and would like to, you can go to your profile, and at the Events Attending section, below your Interests on the left, you can click on Join an Event to add yourself as an attendee for the Wheel - In.

Be well,
Richard

Last edited by RichardD; 01-28-2009 at 09:07 AM..
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Little under a month left to register, spaces still available.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 02-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
bsutton
1983 CJ7 

lodging

I'm aware of the free camping, but are there shower/bathrooms available on site? i'm thinking of bringing my family..
also, what would be the closest hotel/motel in the area???..or closest town...

thanks,
brian
Unread 02-09-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Brian.

No showers, but there will be Portapotties at the campsite. There are hotels nearby, but I would bet they're full since it's a month away. If you decide to do the hotel thing, you'll have to stay in either Lynchburg or Charlottesville which are 45 minutes in either direction. There are 2 hotels in Madison Heights (10 minutes closer), but they're nasty. PM sent with more info.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 02-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Last september when I went to Oak Ridge, we stayed at the Misty Mountain campground in a cabin. I think it was like $90 for 2 nights and slept 3 people. Nice place and not too far from the trails.

Richard, are there still spots open? I'm trying to go, but I keep slacking on the registration. Trying to sign up with HRC so I can get my UFWDA member discount
Unread 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Dcorn.

Yes, there are still spots left, registration is open until March 1st, unless it fills up beforehand.

Misty Mountain Campground is open for this one too.

Hope you can make it, would be cool to see you again. Tyson's comin' too.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 02-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Onsite Primitive Camping

Thought I should provide some information regarding the onsite camping deal.

Primitive Camping:

Porta potties will be provided.

Grey water disposal tanks will be provided.

Trash dumpster will be provided.

No showers will be provided.

Please note: Any type of camper, RV, whatever you call it, that contains a water-flushed toilet, AND a lavatory, AND a shower AND a kitchen sink, are PROHIBITED. If it doesn't have ALL of these items, then it's OK.

Camping will be in the infield at the racetrack.

Be well,
Richard

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.