sparta mountain in nj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > sparta mountain in nj

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-31-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
jrjb973
2004 TJ Wrangler 

sparta mountain in nj

Can anyone tell me where to get into Sparta Mountain in NJ?

Unread 01-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
jrjb973
2004 TJ Wrangler 

forget it found it on google maps
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
THE3ISKING
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjb973 View Post
forget it found it on google maps
ya know people like u make wheelin impossible. maybe dont say the exact name of the place u go, especially if its ILLEGAL!!
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Getting caught wheeling on a Wildlife Management Area can produce several hefty tickets and the loss of your vehicle. If I see you there I'll be on the phone to the Fish and Game wardens and I'll sleep easier at night knowing there's one less rig tearing up my hunting lands.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
Unread 02-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
jrjb973
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the tip, but I was not aware that it is illegal there. Someone told me it was legal, like Stokes.
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to come across like a jerk before, but there is very very little public wheeling land in NJ (Stokes and Wharton among others being the exceptions). Being a hunter it really ticks me off that I spend days tracking down the best and deepest spot to get my deer and then just as I set up some dude comes wheeling through the WMA like it's his birthright
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
doherty80
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i dont mean to be rude by wouldnt you just talk to the person you find on that land instead of causing them to lose theyre rig. i'm sorry if it ruins your hunting experiance and if i ever ran into you and you asked me to leave i would be happy to oblidge. why cant you share the area. i'm sure you know how hard it is to find trails why not talk to the person like adults instead of just reporting them and causing possible loss of jeep and license to me thats equally disrespectful and childish....now if i talked to you and told you to stick then yes by all means give whats deserved. there are more people in this world besides you. but thank you for ruining a great trail that can be used during off hunting season
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I don't tell people anything and I don't confront anyone because I don't want to get shot. How do I know if you're out for an innocent ride or if you're a poacher or a pot farmer or one of them crazy Jackson Whites?

If you live in NJ and are wheeling in a WMA then you KNOW you are doing wrong and you KNOW the consequences so you should be prepared to take it like a man. WMAs exist for the sole purpose of wildlife management and by the way, there's no such thing as off-hunting season. There's other seasons besides deer, and any time you enter a WMA there's a chance that some dude with a loaded gun is looking for turkey or coyote or squirrel or some other game and he's going to be mighty pissed if your rig scares his meat.

Yeah I know wheeling in NJ is tough. But there's plenty of spots where wheeling is semi-tolerated if you're not a big jerk about it or don't bring a whole convoy with you. There's lots of powerline cuts and all sorts of land where nobody really gives a damn what's going on and no one knows who it even belongs to. I was just responding to the OP who mentioned Sparta Mountain, which is a WMA, and WMAs are sacred to us hunters.
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #9
doherty80
1990 YJ Wrangler 

look your right about it being a wma and i totally understand your pain of having to find a proper hunting place but until i read this thread i had no idea thats what sparta mountain was i figured it was just another power line trail that was kinda not legal but no one gave a crap.....now i'm a seventeen year old kid thinking its just a normal trail and all of a sudden i lose my jeep, i'm fined out the *** lose my license all because of a simple misunderstanding? and because i might be a jackson with a gun which the odds of that arent that realistic. now i have no car no money my parents are gonna ring my nuts cant get a job b/c i cant get there and now i have a tresspassing record along with god knows whatever fine.......sorry i'm not "man" enough to accept consequences but i know lots of people in same sitution as me who may or may not know its illegeal....but its okay you can seriously screw a kids life who really meant know harm b/c i'm a jackson with a gun? i dont think thats reasonable
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #10
cj8mike
1984 CJ8 

Its pretty simple here in NJ if you do not know if it is legal then it is Illegal.
Unread 02-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
w0mps
2002 WJ 

I agree 100% with Mike. /thread
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

man you guys are like a bunch of little girls, and for you yes there is a hunting off season and you should know that man especially if you hunt on public land. also beeing a jeeper you should look out for others . just as you would not like me to walk up on you when your hunting which by the way you really cant do anything about because your on public land, and there is always some fool walking in to hunt at 10am . thats the shame of it but man dont be a little girly.
Unread 02-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
electrichead
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doherty80 View Post
now i'm a seventeen year old kid thinking its just a normal trail and all of a sudden i lose my jeep, i'm fined out the *** lose my license all because of a simple misunderstanding
Ignorance of the law is absolutely no excuse for breaking it. What is the "misunderstanding"?
Unread 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
doherty80
1990 YJ Wrangler 

look im not sayin i'm going back or saying its right to break the law i was just pointing out you look out for a fellow jeeper and let him now what he's doing is illegal. thats all sometimes mis information is fed i've heard its legal from many people and now i'm being told by you guys that it isnt.....so i misunderstood just saying next time you see someone they dont need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law just saying be a good guy thats all sorry i was thought the jeeping community could look out for each other now i know how we should treat each other?
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
electrichead
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm all for looking out for fellow enthusiasts, however, I still don't know you or what you are all about. Just as we get defensive about the few bastions of legal wheeling we have in this state, hunters, fishermen, and the like defend their places as well. Unfortunately, this is not an "offroad friendly" state, for the most part, and many people are misinformed as to where we are allowed. The best advice I can give you is use your brain. Do research on any place you want to go. All it takes is the wrong person to see you in the wrong spot. With all the places you are allowed go, it is not worth the risk.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.