Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

South Eastern Pa trails

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  143570 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone. I'm a bit new to this but does anyone know any areas near Montgomery County preferably legal and free. Any help as far as directions and locations will be appreciated.

#13 ·
There is also some pass to wheel on coal company property but dont know the details on that
Yeah...that's the Reading Anthracite Company and I believe the land is in Pottsville, PA. $100 for an annual pass and the number of passes distributed annualy is limited. Also - no one under 12 years old is allowed in the vehicle if that matters to you.

#10 ·
You can cross into Jersey and visit Wharton State Park. I am sure you have friends who visit Atco Dragway, Wharton's offices are about 5 minutes from there. Legal trail/mud pit riding and they will even give you a trail map when you check in.

#12 ·
Some of it. The Pine Barrens is really the entire south Jersey area that doesn't support much more than pine trees. Has to do with the acidic and sandy soil conditions.

The Atison Ranger Station in the Wharton State Forest is a common starting point for trail riding in the south Jersey pines. Do a google maps search and you can see where it is. You can cross into NJ from 73 or 38 and get there very easily, 73 is loaded with construction and traffic so be patient or plan to travel off hours.

#14 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.