SIRA 4x4 Logo Ideas - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > SIRA 4x4 Logo Ideas

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 10-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #46
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipjip
i like the window decal, but i kinda want something a little more detailed as a sticker for the side of the rig, and then maybe design a simper version of it to use as a windshield banner, or larger logo.
I'd like to see that, too. A badge-type sticker for the side, and a window banner. For now, we need to figure out which elements of the design are going to which sticker.

I like the duck idea or a Jeep crawling over some rocks or something for the badge-type sticker.

For the banner/window sticker, it can simply be SIRA 4x4. It can even have a mountain as the A or a rain drop dotting the I, but I think that one should be relatively simple. I'd sport it across the top of my windshield.

Also, I think we should post this up in the GD. We'll put some of the ideas we already have in the OP to give everyone an idea. If we get no responses, then maybe we can all pony up a couple bucks and make it a contest. Let's try it as free and see what happens first.

Unread 11-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #47
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt36
I'd like to see that, too. A badge-type sticker for the side, and a window banner. For now, we need to figure out which elements of the design are going to which sticker.

I like the duck idea or a Jeep crawling over some rocks or something for the badge-type sticker.

For the banner/window sticker, it can simply be SIRA 4x4. It can even have a mountain as the A or a rain drop dotting the I, but I think that one should be relatively simple. I'd sport it across the top of my windshield.

Also, I think we should post this up in the GD. We'll put some of the ideas we already have in the OP to give everyone an idea. If we get no responses, then maybe we can all pony up a couple bucks and make it a contest. Let's try it as free and see what happens first.
Yeah, I like the idea of having a simpler decal and a more detailed logo. I agree we should post something in GD. x2 on starting with a free contest.
Unread 11-01-2006, 07:08 AM   #48
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll put up a free 1yr upgrade to the winner... I was almost due to renew anyway when Keith made me a mod.

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 11-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #49
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just posted this up in the GD If you want to add the prize I can either edit the post or you can just reply to it.
Unread 11-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #50
Dozer.

I will not be putting anything across my windshield. Personally, I prefer something for the side (or back) that is not gigantic, but remains clean, tasteful and detailed. If it has those qualities.........I'll throw one on my rig!

[COLOR="Blue"]Lock'd, Rock'd, but not ready to roll.
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"]There needs to be a Twelve Step program to stop the modding addiction![/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"][U]SAVE PARAGON![/U][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] Visit [url]www.saveparagonap.com[/url] to get more information.
Unread 11-01-2006, 08:31 AM   #51
jrnjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipjip
us square headlight guys have to stick together
You know sometimes it's not easy having square headlights....Always better but not easy

1991 YJ Black 2.5 5speed 3.5" Fabtech lift 32x11.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers

[QUOTE]It's not what you don't do it's how you don't do it that counts!!![/QUOTE]
Unread 11-01-2006, 09:16 AM   #52
Cliff Crawler

Well, I'm not an artist...but something along this would be simple and descriptive.

Feel free to take this idea...

Rubi...or what's left of the stock parts.
Unread 11-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #53
Cliff Crawler

I agree that we shouldn't have anything too detailed or it'll look like a spot from a distance.
Rubi...or what's left of the stock parts.
Unread 11-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #54
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

So does everyone like Jon H's design? I like it alot. He sent me the full res file should we decide to decalify it.

Unread 11-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #55
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So does everyone like Jon H's design? I like it alot. He sent me the full res file should we decide to decalify it.
I really like that. What kind of file did he send you, is it layered?
Unread 11-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #56
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

The file's flattened and it's a jpeg. He also sent a pdf.
Unread 11-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #57
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The file's flattened and it's a jpeg. He also sent a pdf.
A photoshop file would be nice to have... most print shops would probably prefer that anyway so they can lay out the different color layers seperately.

I like that decal, but I'd prefer the name be a lighter color like white so it's more visible against the dark background. Also it would be cool to incorporate some of the ideas we had for the duck decal... like the outside being a tire, and it needs a 7-slot grille with round headlights under the name

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 11-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #58
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I PM'd Keith to make sure it's ok first, but as long as he sais it's cool I'm going to edit the thread in GD to offer a membership upgrade at my expense to the design that is chosen.

Another idea, is if everyone wants to chip in and send me a few $ by PayPal, I could offer two membership winners: one membership for the best decal, and another for the best windshield banner.

So we should probably pick a date that entries need to be submitted by, and then have a poll so everyone can vote on the winner.

Sound good?

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 11-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #59
jipjip

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
A photoshop file would be nice to have... most print shops would probably prefer that anyway so they can lay out the different color layers seperately.

I like that decal, but I'd prefer the name be a lighter color like white so it's more visible against the dark background. Also it would be cool to incorporate some of the ideas we had for the duck decal... like the outside being a tire, and it needs a 7-slot grille with round headlights under the name
i like the dark lettering, cause it goes w/ the weather theme. lighter lettering, to me, means nicer weather, or happyness or something like that. the dark theme goes well w/ the fact that we don't like the weather, it just happens like that!!!

i also don't like the idea of the 7-slot grille w/ ROUND headlights!!!!!
we do have a select few w/ square headlights that would like to be included in this club also you know
95 yj sahara green w/ spice hard and soft top, bikini top,full steel doors, and 2 piece bestop soft doors,tnt customs front tube fenders w/ 6" flare,warn gas tank skid, skidrow oil pan skid,4.0HO,rear 31 spline 8.8 w/ disc brakes,4.10's and lsd,front HP d30 w/ 4.10's and aussie front locker,ax15,np231j w/ jb conversions ss sye, tom woods custom cv d/s,RE 4.5xd,35" toyo open country m/t's, 1" daystar body lift, warn 9.5ti
Unread 11-01-2006, 06:36 PM   #60
andrew8635

does anyone like that for a window decal?

the only changes i would do is:
1: move the mountains closer to the words
2: make the mountain lines bolder

I did this in black and white so it can be easier to see. The color can always be changed.

I have just had this in my mind for the past week

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.