schenectady, ny - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > schenectady, ny

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

schenectady, ny

Hey guys so on February first I will be attending the school of modern welding on State Street I will be up in your area for 7 months. I’m originally from long island. I’ve been looking for apartments for over a month and only found one or two that I’m going up to look at this wed. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any close by to the school.

Also let’s just see who’s in the area maybe once I'm settled in we can all set up a meet and get some wheeling in.

Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Heh, if I'm out that way (namely hitting up Hobbytown USA or hanging out with the gf), I might say hey, or hopefully I'll see you!

I go to school in Schenectady (SCCC), but I live in Delmar, over by Albany, so I'm not far from there, but not quite close.

Why'd you choose that school, anyway?
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Unread 01-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
omgwtfbbqcopter

my cousin lives in schenectady. Her name on facebook is Patti Czub. Send her a message and ask her your question.
Unread 01-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well i was looking for an automotive school origionaly i lookd at wyotec, uti, my local comunity college but they all seemed to into the maintenance i know thats important but i wanted to get more into the customizing and fabrication part of it like you would see at any of these places that come up on the forum, balistic fab, psc, ect. so i looked into my comunity college and they only had one class that had welding, it didnt look that interesting and they only showed you how to mig weld. so i looked around and found the school of modern welding on line went up to see it and it looked cool so i signed up. they start with oxy, then go to stick, then mig, tig, plazma cutters a little fabrication, and you even come out certified, so hopefully it all works out for me.

sorry about the spelling and stuff my spell check isnt working for some reason
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
Unread 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

don't worry bout the spell check.

so you're planning to fab rather than just be a mechanic/technician? I get the feeling there's going to be a lot more area for fabricators in our job market soon, if not already.

certainly can't hurt to be certified and able anyway, even if it's just an extra source of income over something else.

If you're looking for apartments, look on apartment finder for some, but for a better and more helpful selection, check out craigslist in the albany area, because I don't think schenectady has one of its own. albany's tends to cater to the greater cap region as well.
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Unread 01-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well guys i found an appartment i move in on the 29th this friday now once i get settled in if anyone lives in the area and knows of a place to wheel lets mett up and you can show me around

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.