Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rubicon owners trailride in Ma May 29-31

7K views 129 replies 26 participants last post by  rubiwannabe 
#1 ·
Hi, I will be hosting a Rubicon owners trail ride in Ma on May 29-31
For more info contact: Rubiconrich1@aol.com This is open to all Jeep Rubicons. Details be e-mail only.

#4 ·
Thats the lamest thing ive ever heard....might as well say BLUE RUBICONS ONLY, better yet..BLUE RUBICONS with WINCHES ONLY...oh wait..BLUE RUBICONS WITH WINCHES and...wait theres more..TIRES BETWEEN 31" and 33"..OH YEA...CB radios TOO..HAVE FUN my JEEP BRETHERN>>>>

#6 ·
i hate to see what he would to to the older jeeps like mine :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Also does mine count:rofl:

Attachments

#9 ·
Damn i thought i could sneek in i dont think they would know...

#11 ·
well I will be sure to bow down to your 20+ years of experience, let me kiss your feet jeep god. :kiss::salute:

#14 ·
Guys come on I'm no better then you. This is my 7th Jeep
and I wanted a TJ Rubicon to replace my old 86 CJ7. It's in need of a rebuild
so I did not want to lose out on any trail time so I picked up the Rubicon.
"The Rubicon is the best out of the box Jeep ever made" Yes you can build
one but I wanted to be back on the trail ASAP and I am.

Match up:

CJ7 258,T18, Dana 20, gears 3:73 30 L/S, 44 Locker ,4" lift 33" OBA, Winch

Rub 242, Auto,4-1 trans,gears 4:11 44's disc's brakes,2 1/2, 33" OBA Winch

All I want to do is do a Rubicon owners run I've done other runs with just Jeeps.

#15 ·
So I was kicked off the Rubicon Owners forum for posting my Rubicon
owners trail ride. Someone asked Can I go if I don't have a Rubicon?
I replyed sorry you must have a Rubicon to attend. Come on!
I and other people have done make and brand only runs.
By the way the runs still on and we have 15 people signed up.

Got a Jeep Rubicon want to come E-mail me Rubiconrich1@aol.com

#125 · (Edited)
Because I had to
http://autorepair.about.com/library/glossary/bldef-666.htm

Definition: Vehicle designation assigned by vehicle manufacturers that represent specific equipment packages.
What some guy on a forum said doesn't count as the "definition." You can't just disagree with a definition and adopt your own.

I also have a question. What happens when a stock rubicon joins your run and it can't make it over much of anything? Those D44s and lockers don't help much when there is no ground clearance.

This also gets a big fat LOL:
So I was kicked off the Rubicon Owners forum for posting my Rubicon
owners trail ride. Someone asked Can I go if I don't have a Rubicon?
I replyed sorry you must have a Rubicon to attend. Come on!

#22 ·
Dude what is your issue? My name may be Rich but I'm not.
You want to go Jeeping some time that's fine but I'd like to do this
run with all Rubicons.[/QUOTE
DUDE..my issue is that i just dont understand the bias....as a fellow jeeper stated ..
"a jeeps a jeep"...ive been trying to understand you thinking but have come up with no reasonable answer,i thought owning a jeep was like a brotherhood of sorts...ive stopped in the middle of raging snowstorms to help a jeeper on the side of the highway to help..i give the "wave" to all jeeps,regardless of year/make..male/female...i just dont understand only wanting to include RUBICONS only, ive only come up with two reasons, 1..is that you think owning a RUBICON over any other jeep is a STATUS symbol, like the same reason people would buy a HUMMER..to display thier wealth, although i know thats not why people by RUBICONS,you seem to maybe feel yourself a better person....(just guessing here), 2.The only other reason i could fathom is that because the RUBICON does come equipped in stock form to be a better off road vehicle than all other JEEPS,you dont want to extend any personal effort of extracting a NON-RUBICON JEEP should it become stuck, this coincides with a previous event you post/emailed me about where as only jeeps with WINCHES need attend, which i find insulting, i have a winch and would gladly extend the use of it to any fellow jeeper that may need my assistance, actually i would offer it to anyone that needs it, ive even pulled out a subaru forester from a snow bank..anyway ive ranted enough, until you can covince me otherwise, have fun..

#18 ·
I got rubi axles in one of my jeeps does make me close enough to a rubi?

#19 ·
this is by far the gayest way to express your love for rubi's a jeeps a jeeps. you want your man purse back?

#30 ·
I will put a "Rubicon" sticker on my Jeep if that counts!!!

#31 ·
This is funny to read! :laugh::laugh:

I have Toyota and I can't attend a Jeep Jamboree. We're all 4WD enthusiasts, so we should all go wheeling together, what the hell?! :brickwall :laugh:

If Rich wants to have a ride with only Rubicons, then let him. If someone else wants to have a ride of the "Blue Jeep Owners Club" that I see listed under so many signatures, then go ahead.
Whats important is that this attitude extends out to working together to keep our public and private lands open. This club won't work with that one, ATVs won't work with us who won't work with snowmobilers... :rolleyes:

The reason Rich, or any club ride for that matter, may have certain restrictions or requirements to attend a ride is due to difficulty of the road/trail. OFR for instance: If you are on 31s and unlocked and no winch, you really have no business being out on that road. You may be able to make some forward movement, be tugged through most of it and most probably break something. If you are in a group of 4-5 and you're all friends and don't care about getting out of there after dark, when you started at 10AM, thats fine,drag your ill equipped rig through the entire 4+ miles. Just please, do NOT go off the road to go around obstacles you can't drive or be dragged over.
Now, take that same rig and place it into a ride with 15-20 rigs. If all of them are on 33s and running lockers, its still going to take several hours to get all of them through the 4+ miles of OFR. Put a rig on 31s, no lockers, etc into the mix and you're adding several hours to the day. People who have done the work to their rigs and can drive the entire road are now waiting while everyone works to drag the ill equipped rig through the length of the road. Its pretty much just common courtesy.

Doesn't matter whether its nice or not, its simply the way it is.

and these stupid arguments are what keep us all divided and losing the battle to keep our roads open.

bye :wave: :2thumbsup:

#32 ·
Thanks Dave you get it.
wow man, way to get your nuts in a twist. the guy likes his rubicon, i like mine, so i emailed to attend. no big deal. theres hundreds of runs going on at any given weekend, find another one to go on. theres hundreds of threads here requesting pictures of only jeeps with a 4" lift and 33s. go cause a ruckus there because you have a 3" lift and 32s and want to show off your jeep. you don't have a rubicon, and theres nothing wrong with that, i'm sure your rig is more capable than mine, but why even look at a thread titled "rubicon owners trailride"

This guy gets it and He coming .I can do a Jeep trailride anytime I want But I wanted to do a Rubicon owners trail ride. If Joe dirt wants to do a trailride
then join him on a trail ride or do your own.

I don't have to do this run our club runs once a month but I wanted do
something just for the Rubicon people.

#36 ·
Look let me spell it out for you this is not an April fools day joke.
It is a real trail ride for Jeep Rubicon owners only. I you want to go on a
run have your own run don't make fun of mine and all the work I have put into
it. Grown up! If it was just a Jeep run I would to many allready.
And Yes I do own a Rubicon.

Rubicon Owners Trail ride May 29-31 W.MA
for info and to sign up contact: Rubiconrich1@aol.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.