Rausch Creek questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rausch Creek questions.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 08-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
1997_Sport

Rausch Creek questions.

Hey guys, i'm going to Rausch Creek tomorrow and im just wondering what all i should have or bring.

As of now, i have a spare tire(not full size but i cant find anyone around me with an extra 33in tire.), i have three recovery points(two up front and one in the back ), i have a tow strap, two extra D-rings, a working CB, i just topped of my coolent yesterday, and i have sunglasses.

What else do i need, should do, and should have?

I did talk to a lady at the park and she told me the spare doesnt have to be full size as long as i have a spare by the way, i know it sucks balls not haveing the ful size spare but literally no one i know has 33s, its either stock or 35s. lol

Thanks in advance.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well you will need at least one other person to go with you.
http://www.rc4x4.org/

here are the rules:
http://www.rc4x4.org/sis/rnr.php
Rausch Creek Off Road Park Rules and Regulations
1) Before entering the park, members are required to check in at the Office, pay admission, and pick-up a wristband and vehicle tag.
b. GROUPS SHOULD EXCHANGE CELL NUMBERS SO THEY CAN CONTACT EACH OTHER IN THE EVENT OF LATE ARRIVALS. It will be up to each group to send someone back to the office to pick up late arrivals. So please exchange cell phone numbers with each other.

2) The minimum group size is two vehicles.

3) Members shall keep their membership card with them at all times and keep their wristband on during their visit. Vehicles must have the proper vehicle tag in plain sight.

4) Members wishing to camp overnight prior to their day of wheeling must make appropriate arrangements prior to their visit. Campers who are still in the park past 10:00 a.m. the following day shall be required to pay for that additional day.

5) Seatbelt use is mandatory.

6) All vehicles should have at least one towpoint and a full-size spare.

7) All street legal vehicles must be insured. All drivers must hold a valid drivers license and be covered by an automobile insurance policy. Competition rigs are welcome.

8) No littering. Pack in and pack out everything. Designated campfire areas are for cooking and burning of firewood only. All campfires must be put out when leaving the camping area. Check at the Office for any Burn Ban advisories.

9) Quiet hours at the camping areas are 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.

10) All vehicles must be off the trails by DUSK, except for repair or recovery purposes. Nighttime wheeling is prohibited!

11) Anyone observed drinking and driving will permanently lose their membership privileges and their affiliated club will be sanctioned. No alcohol is allowed on the property except for the camping area. Alcohol may be consumed only AFTER you are done wheeling for the day and only in the camping area. Do not walk around the comp course with alcohol. Do not drive around the trails with alcohol in your vehicle, leave it at camp.

12) Stay on designated trails. Do not park vehicles where they might block a trail. Do not drive past the park's boundary markers or around gates. Cross streams only at designated stream crossings. Traffic may cross over or drive upon the Water Line only where it is part of a designated trail. Avoid bushwacking around muddy trails so we can keep our muddy trails muddy. Members should not drive through the hunt club's food plots. If you stack rocks to get through an obstacle, UNSTACK them please!!

13) Members should check the posted map at the Office for information about possible trail closures and updates on new trails.

Any person observing a violation of these rules or any unsafe or suspect behavior will report it to their club representative or a Park officer as soon as possible.

Members who disregard the rules of Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, or pose a safety threat to themselves or other Members, will be ejected from the park without a refund. Repeated violations will result in loss of membership.

Park Contact Info:
Lynn 570-640-0194
Bruce 610-842-3596

Seltzer's Towing (AAA) 570-739-0050

NEAREST HOSPITAL: Pottsville Hospital 570-621-5060. Get on 81 North. Take the St. Clair exit. Stay on Route 61 for 7 miles into Pottsville. At Dunkin Donuts make a LEFT. Go up the hill about 3 blocks and hospital is on the left.
New Jersey Jeep Association
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
1997_Sport

Thanks ive read that a dozen times though.

And i have one other person going with me, but its the the Topless for Tatas ride.

I was just wondering if there is something they dont tell you about that i should bring or do to the jeep before i go. But thanks for the post, ill actually read it again just to make sure i got everything.

Oh and i do have a parent waiver form filled out and my membership form filled out.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
1997_Sport

Let me just bump this to the top.

Unread 08-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxncj18 View Post
Oh and i do have a parent waiver form filled out and my membership form filled out.
If you're under 18 yes your parents have to sign the waiver. Go to the site and print it out, have them sign it before you go.
Unread 08-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
1997_Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
If you're under 18 yes your parents have to sign the waiver. Go to the site and print it out, have them sign it before you go.
Yeah, i printed it out and had them sign it. Its in the jeep right now so i dont forget it.

Unread 08-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
1997_Sport

Bump for any other good tips/hints?

Unread 08-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
alecmcmahon

Make sure you go through frog hole, 5 foot mud pit,black hole, and yes it's deep...

take pictures and video and post them after.
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
1997_Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
Make sure you go through frog hole, 5 foot mud pit,black hole, and yes it's deep...

Okay, ill make sure to hit them

And oh yeah ill get the camara ready now. lol

Unread 08-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Get wings at O'neal's pub in Pine Grove on your way home.
Unread 08-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #11
oteps
1980 CJ5 

A few things to bring, tools, spare parts(axle shafts, if you have a dana 35 rear, u joints) water, a floor jack or high lift, a piece of plywood for under the jack, tow strap, more spare parts, wd40(works good on getting water out of electrical compoments. Make sure you have a spark plug socket, after you go through lake cristie you will need to pull the plugs and turn the engine over to get the water out of the cylinders. I normally take an extra air filter along incase it gets wet. Remember any mudhole with a name is deep, make sure you have your waders on.
Unread 08-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
rickm8
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post

pic's and vid's

frog hole, nice suggestion lol
BLACK JEEP SOCIETY #362
Unread 08-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm8 View Post
pic's and vid's

frog hole, nice suggestion lol
I was in it Last week end. It is sick thats all I have to say

Frog Hole.

this next is not frog hole. but fun to test out the waters.

RC is fun.

Now post up some pics of your trip this weekend!
Unread 08-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #14
1997_Sport

Yeah, it was really fun. Ill post pictures when i get them, i have a few in my build, you can see in my sig but nothing to big. I just did the greens, some blues , and some but very little blacks. But i didnt do most of the bypasses, and tested everything out.

And no i didnt go through the frog hole or the other hole in the pole lines.

But im already looking forward to going up again soon.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.