Rausch Creek first timers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rausch Creek first timers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #31
alecmcmahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTsupra911 View Post
don't forget to ask Alecmcmahon about a custom exhaust from Yellowjacket

hahah, wise ***. I still have to get that fixed up.

basically, i was attempting to go Up yellow jacket, was going going, wanted to take a different line, so i backed up, a rock snagged my stupid low hanging exhaust pipe, and twisted it up real good under my rear axle and into my tire, like a big fun pretzel.

nothing a little man power and bailing wire cant fix tho.

still one of my fav. trails.

21 and 22 are good to. snake bite is awesome as well.

Unread 05-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #32
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
That Scrambler is pretty cool! Do you guys usually wheel in large groups like that? I think I would go crazy.
The Scrambler (actually a stretched YJ frame and aluminum cropped scrambler tub) was Peterson's 4 Wheel & Off-road's "10 Best Rigs of the Year" in '04 or '05 I think. They did an article on three of our club trucks, then that one was in again as the '10 best'.

It's a club, so yes, we usually go in a group. It's a lot (LOT!) more fun than just 1 or two trucks.
Unread 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #33
andyroos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

June 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post

basically, i was attempting to go Up yellow jacket, was going going, wanted to take a different line, so i backed up, a rock snagged my stupid low hanging exhaust pipe, and twisted it up real good under my rear axle and into my tire, like a big fun pretzel.

If you decide to join us June 20 make sure you bring some of that hi-tech wire......
Unread 05-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #34
link16
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
Also please don't stack excessively and remove what you do stack. A lot of the black trails that were hard when they were made are now paved with ramps up every ledge and two rows of basketball sized rocks in some places (ex. snakebite). If you have to stack 2 or 3 rocks that's fine but if you're building a ramp you need to be on a different trail. Please don't ruin the challege for others, there isn't a lot of hard stuff at the park.
If you have to move anything to go somewhere, its not really doing it...
Unread 05-29-2009, 05:52 AM   #35
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
Damn that is a ton of rocks. I knew about Rock Creek but I didn't know there were that many on the trails. How are the rocks on the blue/green trails? A lot? None? A deceptively large rock has already given me a custom exhaust tip and that was the only time I've really wheeled the jeep. I'd hate to see what those big ones can do.
There are definetly rocks on all trail levels but most of the difficult spots on the green and blues have bypasses. Most in these albums are on greens & blues with a couple blacks
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...-08/?start=all
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...20Fest%202008/
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...-08/?start=all
Unread 05-29-2009, 05:55 AM   #36
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by link16 View Post
If you have to move anything to go somewhere, its not really doing it...
That's not the point. Stacking is not about personal achievement, it's about group progress. Given that someone already can't get the next 3' ahead (can't make it), there are only a couple options. Since turning around and going back is not practical, it's then winch/snatch, or stack. My group usually picks whatever is easier for the group to get done (and undone), to get the person that 3'.
Unread 05-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #37
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
That's not the point. Stacking is not about personal achievement, it's about group progress.
Good point.
Unread 05-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #38
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post

I'd have to say 22 and trail 5 where my two favorites from that day. A slightly larger tire would have been great on 22.
Unread 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #39
alecmcmahon

i agree, nothing wrong with stacking, im sure we've all had to do it sometime or another in the past to get over a certain obstacle.

i think point at hand though is if you do get out and stack for somebody, by all means please un stack before you leave.

I always unstack after ramping up some rocks, it's really not that difficult, just pick up the rocks and chuck em in either direction.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.