Possible Road closure in NH - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Possible Road closure in NH

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 01-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Schwalby
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Possible Road closure in NH

I know this is the Northeast section so not all of you are from NH but IMO any road closure in any state effects us all.

Quote:
A local snowmobile club has sent a request to the town to close a local trail. The item is on the agenda to be discussed at the next town meeting. We will have representatives at the meeting, but we are requesting you to voice your concerns before the meeting.

This trail is used by all user groups, not just snowmobilers and 4x4 trucks. Hikers, ATVs, and several other groups all use the trail. We would like to keep this trail open so it can continue to be enjoyed for years to come. If the snowmobile club gets its way, the road will be gated and locked on both ends and all travel will be illegal.

Early 2008, my club held a trail cleanup and removed over 150 tires and several dump-truck loads of garbage from the road. Many illegal trails were closed and blocked to discourage continued use. Land owners along the road as well as town officials were very pleased with the turnout. Since then, the trail has stayed clean and has been more enjoyable for everyone.

Land to wheel on is becoming more and more scarce, and in NH, Class 6 roads and private land are all we have left. It would be a shame to see this trail, an historic Class 6 road, be closed forever just to please one club of people that use the trail for of the year. To help save this trail, please sign the petition, or better yet, write a letter to the Board of Selectmen before January 23rd.

Petition:
http://www.gopetition.com/online/24581.html

Letters:
Board of Selectmen
41 Province Lane
Barrington, NH 03825

Email to:
ATTN: Board of Selectmen Opinion Against Old Green Hill Closure
info@Barrington.NH.gov

[url]www.jeeprally.org[/url] Great American Jeep Rally
Schwalby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
timmyt
2006 LJ Wrangler 

petition signed

timmyt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Schwalby
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyt View Post
petition signed
Thank you.

Unread 01-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
monkeychrist
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Signed...
monkeychrist is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
NJSPEEDER
1993 ZJ 

Signed...........
New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
www.NJFBOA.org
NJSPEEDER is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
MayhemTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

signed... and my cousin is in my garage right now installing lift on the jk... ill get him to sign also... good luck and let us know...
HIS: '04 Khaki Wrangler DD, 31x10.5x15 trxus M/T's, 15x8 Black Crager soft 8's, RC 2.5" suspension lift, 3/4 RC coil spacers, RC 2.2 Performance shocks and steering stabilizer, Rock sliders, frnt/rear tow points, 48" HiLift jack

HERS: '07 Grand Cherokee Laredo she wont let me take it off road :( but she will let me make the payments! lol
MayhemTJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

signed
hope it helps.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
Thumperyz250f
1997 TJ Wrangler 

signed, good luck
-8.8 Lock-Right, HP30 Open, 4.56-
-35x12.5 KM2's, MT Spe. Edi. black-
-Superwinch LP8500, BTF Grill Hoop-
Thumperyz250f is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2009, 05:34 AM   #9
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Signed..................

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #10
Schwalby
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you to everyone that has signed.

Unread 01-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
Modeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

As Schwalby said, thank you to all that have signed. The group that he and I belong to did a trail cleanup on that very trail late this past summer.
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #12
Schwalby
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Success!!! Due to the very large out pouring of support to keep the road open the town selectmen decided it was not worth to put the proposal on the agenda. I know a few of you are going to say they will just bring it up again in a more sneaky way but that is not the case on this one. The town is in strong support to keep it open, we were able to provide them with what they needed to do it.

Unread 03-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
Modeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

There was a meeting with the Board of Selectmen last night. Both sides were well represented. The meeting did not go as well as I had hoped, but, it not go as bad as I feared. It was at least a civil discourse and not a shouting match. The town, abutting landowners, snowmobilers, and 4 wheelers have decided to block the illegal trails that dump into/ branch from the Class VI road. There will be an upcoming meeting on site with all parties to locate and plan the actions.

Also, the Town has reached a proposed compromise that will subject the road to "Gates and Bars". This means that in order to access the road, one must open the gate and close it behind them. The road cannot be blocked from access by other means and the gates or bars cannot be locked.

We also proposed to have the town close the road during the spring mud season to prevent further erosion. The road would then be opened from a date determined by both the wheelers and the town.

Those of you familiar with the Old Greenhill Road area are advised to remain off the road and inform others to remain off the road until the Board has voted and accepted the proposal and the Spring mud season closure has passed.
Unread 03-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #14
Modeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This issues is not going to go away even if the above proposal is accepted. The Town has stated that it should be revisited at one and two years from now to see if the changes are successful.

Last edited by Modeler; 03-24-2009 at 12:32 PM..
Modeler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #15
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

How about those do nothing donnies. I've sign it. You do all the hard work,and they just slide in, I hope they don't fall for their Gedi magic it would be a shame, but if they do,they should body bag huts on both ends of the trail,you know what happens every winter,"officer,the tree just jumped out in front of him",Right!. O well what's another snowmobile related death anyway, When the last time a Jeeper was killed for reckless driving. END OF RANT.
silvanus is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.