Places to wheel near Ft. Dix/Mcguire AFB - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Places to wheel near Ft. Dix/Mcguire AFB

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 03-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
88yjCrUiSeR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Places to wheel near Ft. Dix/Mcguire AFB

Im stationed here at Fort Dix now and have no idea where anything is at. I know how to get to the Wal mart store, Lourdes Hospital, and my surgeons office. Probably gonna be here for a while until the physical therapy's all done on my knee. So i need to find somewhere to wheel, or atleast people on or near post that would wanna get together sometime.

Unfortunatley though... im runnin my stock dodge ram shortbed right now. nothin fancy just some new trailcutter like 32's i think, with light duty limited slip diffs. Bed side just got backed into the other day so im not afraid to get out on the trail and put some scratches on er'. Would really like to have the jeep right now but it just wont make the 4 1/2 hr. drive home when i need to.

I keep hearin a exhaust leek or the stereo's actin weird, it keeps tellin me it wants to get out in some mud or rocks or whatever.

I been searchin around on here and found the wharton/Ranger station? i guess its about 40 min. away so i wouldn't mind gettin over there and doin some explorin. but im not afraid to drive wherever. Don't got anything else to do other than go to appointments so im free most of the time.

Again sorry guys for posting on the jeepforum but its hard to find a good 4x4 forum out there that has as good people as you guys/gals and stays active

George happy trails!!!!

yz426
78 cb750 cafe project
Unread 03-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Redrum8675
1978 CJ5 

Fort Dix is very close to Wharton State Forest, which is the largest forest in the Pine Barrens. A very popular place to wheel. Just take 206 South for about 25 minutes and the ranger station is on your left. There are trail entrances behind the building. They also have trail maps in the station, that will show you where everything else is.
Unread 03-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
88yjCrUiSeR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

anyone going out this weekend by chance and wouldnt mind me tagging along?

Happy trails
yz426
78 cb750 cafe project
Unread 03-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Redrum8675
1978 CJ5 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/wharton-state-forest-march-8th-708574/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.