JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   North East USA (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/)
-   -   Places to wheel in jersey (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/places-wheel-jersey-964723/)

ClassicRiderhp 02-05-2010 02:52 PM

Places to wheel in jersey

anyone know of any places to go wheelin, legal or non legal, i go to lakewood behind an industrial building because the owner doenst care that we go back there so the cops dont bother us. Im just looking for other wheeling places to go besides rausch creek which is 2 and a half hours from me. Anyone know if theres any places in jersey???

GeoKR 02-05-2010 02:53 PM

Tech? I think not.

Moses2564 02-05-2010 02:54 PM

Always wheel legally, and never discuss illegal wheeling here, or you'll be slapped with the ban stick.

If you want to know where to go wheeling at, check the Regional Forums for your area. Your particular forum: North East USA

ClassicRiderhp 02-05-2010 02:55 PM

oh no trust me, i wouldn risk my car impounded, just wanted to know if there was any places that the cops dont mind

LIsurfcasters 02-05-2010 03:15 PM

wharton state forest

ClassicRiderhp 02-05-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIsurfcasters (Post 8833831)
wharton state forest

wheres that at? and is it good for lifted jeeps or is it just stock jeep stuff?

blackblazer92 02-10-2010 07:16 PM

good for lifted and stock. wharton is fun but if you go w/o someone whos been there before watch out. some holes get very deep.

Crewdude007 02-12-2010 12:17 PM

There's a bunch of places in the Jackson area that are good.

Try Reed Rd. It's just a dirt road, but it runs behind the Great Adventure safari. During the warmer months you can see a lot of the animals that are there. Totally free and totally legal. There are also alot of trails that branch off of Reed rd. that will take you back into the woods. Also legal.

You can also wheel at the NJ Wildlife and Game Refuge at Colliers Mills. You have to go back pretty far on the dirt roads to find the wooded trails, but it's good for stocker runs if you're interested.

gotmudnj 02-12-2010 04:06 PM

wharton is the best i got here mainly that....used to go to waretown off exit 74 on parkway but if you stop on the trail you get a ticket you cant stop so to advoid that i go to wharton now....alot of other people go to.....

steve L. 02-13-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassicRiderhp (Post 8833666)
anyone know of any places to go wheelin, legal or non legal, i go to lakewood behind an industrial building because the owner doenst care that we go back there so the cops dont bother us. Im just looking for other wheeling places to go besides rausch creek which is 2 and a half hours from me. Anyone know if theres any places in jersey???

ALWAYS offroad LEGALLY. Don't be stupid..
Anyway, Wharton State forest is the best place to go in Jersey. Tons of land to ride on for any jeep. Always a great time. I usually take a trail somewhere along Route 206,or Route 70 down by the circle and go from there.

MuddyJeepZJ 02-13-2010 10:16 AM

North Jersey Jeep Club should be close to you. Worth checking out for spots to go wheeling at.

The time now is 05:55 AM.